Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is your favorite posting technique

  
View Results

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My pair of posting gloves came in from Amazon last week and have allowed me to type for much longer periods of time without digital chafing. Before heading to work I do 3 sets of Home Row Inverted Rows and 4 sets of Alt+Tab Inclines, until failure. Unfortunately I ran out of powdered mountain dew and granulated doritos to make after-workout shakes, but my posting partner says I can still feed my muscles with a Hot Pocket.

I'd like to know how else I can prepare effectively. I've been studying threads on mountains, china, racist hotdog men, an autistic programming kid, taco bell, and the multitude of popular-movie-is-acutally-bad threads. I hope by internalizing this knowledge daily I can post with clarity, speed, and style for the great Pro Posting Championships.

buglord fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gloves LOL.

Why Athletes Pee on Their Hands

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2004/05/can-peeing-on-your-hands-make-them-tough.html

quote:

In a recent interview with ESPN’s Gary Miller, Chicago Cubs outfielder Moises Alou revealed that during baseball season he urinates on his hands to toughen them up. Alou, one of the few major leaguers who doesn’t wear gloves while batting, is backed up by Yankees catcher Jorge Posada, who says, “You don’t want to shake my hand during spring training.” Even Cubs hurler Kerry Wood mentioned on a local radio show that he’s tried the technique to remedy blisters on his pitching hand.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
                            /

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The more you turn you’re brain off the faster you’re fingers fly. :haibrow:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread has been done, multiple times, and well...more informative.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*gets drunk like a freshman the night before, absolutely smashed*

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Keyboard at 70 degree angle to desk edge, clearly well worn letterless red keycaps covering the I, M, G, A and Y letters

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

*stocks up on cheetos and mountain dew*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing says post quality like an auto ban thread, op.
Really shows your dedication

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
goku

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Stop posting

because it’s important to taper before a competition

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP I'm in your house preparing you to be the best, ask no questions no do not ask why you don't know or can't perceive where I am. I am in your house as we speak, preparing you. The preperation is almost imperceptible except for that slight feeling you sense tingling on the back of your neck in reams of gooseflesh; the knowing of being prepared.

Don't check your body or any orifices, don't look behind you, there are no ghosts or strange pale faced terrors in your periphery lurking in your black corners as you sleep, that strange feeling may feel to you like wrongness but it is actually the complete sensation of being prepared.

I repeat you are being prepared. Do not squeeze your fists too hard or look too closely in the mirror, that is not a figure with the milky mask of a stranger behind you. You are just overthinking it, there are no strangers in your house. I know you, you are just being prepared, I am preparing you. The creaking and hushing sighs that remind you of the eternal passing of human souls is normal and not anything strange, these are all normal consequences of being prepared.

Do not look in your basement or attic, there are no rotted mummified corpses stuffed away in those places, the inkling that is seeping into your brain is a lie. You are not dreaming of bodies planted in your abode, it is just the feeling of me preparing you to post, and post well.

Nothing is wrong OP, that is not warm human breath you feel on your neck in the night. I am not hunched over your sleeping form with my eyes rolled into the back of my sockets sucking in hot gulps of your scent as you snore. That is just the feeling of preparedness.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 10, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't think I've ever seen anyone prepare the op more thoroughly and vigorously or with LESS corpses

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i always post at sea level

ill train at elevation, making poo poo posts at 600 meters or more

but the real posting goes on at or below sea level

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hey OP. You're gonna have to wait a bit. The "Special" pro posting championships always come after the Pro Posting Championships for the goons that aren't "Special"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Burt Sexual posted:

Look pal I’m just doing what I can to promote engaging, high-impact posting that GBS is renowned for.

Anyways, just finished polishing the keyboard and replacing old key caps. I know posting is all about skill and only tangentially about gear, but I can’t have my posting speed impacted by keyboard goop.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Gotta post fast

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
look at this dog

Burt Sexual posted:

i thought it was bad the first time someone copied sweet thursdays thread

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
I heard the posting-Olympics is gonna be in the botanist-forums this year

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
#epsteindidn'tkillhimself

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Tips and tricks to alienate the people in your life who might interfere with your posting:

1) Don't be reliable. If people can't rely on you, they won't try and ask you to do things.

2) Showering. Don't do it. Just stop.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Print off your posts and show them to your friends and family members at all times

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I dunno, :justpost: some poo poo or whatever. If in doubt, use your most powerful tools (like filth (and nested brackets)).

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Lol if you have to train you do t even have a chance. I’m like the Bartolo Colon of posting

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How dare you, I am the only one deserving that title

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

BPD here from the Daily Threadshitter, I'm just here to cheer you guys on.

and to investigate the rumour that DGSW is making a surprise appearance.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just took a huge hot wet poo poo out my rear end hole cause I ate way too much last night at kbbq

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's not pro-tier.
Pro-tier is using a die-cast tonka truck end loader to get that poop on out of there

e: or one of those robot arm things with the joysticks that you could get at radio shack in the 80's

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

HAHA yes I remember those!
onto other subjects though, what do you think about Chinatown's performance this year?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I hope you're ready for a beatdown

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op is pro tier at sucking my drat balls

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I wanted to post this. I was too slow.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This "Mucho Man" is seemingly calling up the mods, especially Burt.

I think it might be something personal.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

*cracks knuckles*
lets do this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

OP I'm in your house preparing you to be the best, ask no questions no do not ask why you don't know or can't perceive where I am. I am in your house as we speak, preparing you. The preperation is almost imperceptible except for that slight feeling you sense tingling on the back of your neck in reams of gooseflesh; the knowing of being prepared.

Don't check your body or any orifices, don't look behind you, there are no ghosts or strange pale faced terrors in your periphery lurking in your black corners as you sleep, that strange feeling may feel to you like wrongness but it is actually the complete sensation of being prepared.

I repeat you are being prepared. Do not squeeze your fists too hard or look too closely in the mirror, that is not a figure with the milky mask of a stranger behind you. You are just overthinking it, there are no strangers in your house. I know you, you are just being prepared, I am preparing you. The creaking and hushing sighs that remind you of the eternal passing of human souls is normal and not anything strange, these are all normal consequences of being prepared.

Do not look in your basement or attic, there are no rotted mummified corpses stuffed away in those places, the inkling that is seeping into your brain is a lie. You are not dreaming of bodies planted in your abode, it is just the feeling of me preparing you to post, and post well.

Nothing is wrong OP, that is not warm human breath you feel on your neck in the night. I am not hunched over your sleeping form with my eyes rolled into the back of my sockets sucking in hot gulps of your scent as you snore. That is just the feeling of preparedness.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

numberoneposter posted:

*cracks knuckles*
lets do this

It's only been four years, that's not enough time to truly prepare to post.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Preparing...to post? all I ever need to do is soak my hands in warm water for a few minutes, then sit down in front of my posting machine and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQeuw880tKI

dunno what the hell the rest of you are doing

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm stuck in silver league posting hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I put the limp in olimpics