Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
plus the baby is loving horrific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

star eater posted:

plus the way she treats that alien-human hybrid like a baby is loving horrific

E. Window-vacuum scene is cool tho

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chrs posted:

No but the movie introduces the concept that Predators are travelling the universe splicing their dna with that of the various aliens they encounter in order to steal their best abilities and become the ultimate life form. The Predator’s goal in the new movie is to kidnap an autistic kid and steal his autism because the predators believe it is the next evolution of man whilst the kid’s dad and his army friends try to rescue him.

At the end of the movie the autistic kid even builds his dad a predator suit of his own to fight the predators in a sequel that will probably never get made.

Wait is this actually real

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brother Tadger posted:

E. Window-vacuum scene is cool tho
Window vacuum scene made me laugh harder than the end of AI.

That's not a compliment to either of them.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Thinkin about that 'metheus.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
3 sucked because they killed Hicks and Newt

I wish they would have made the Neil Blumpkin Alien 5 movie which was going to be Alien 3 and ignore everything after Aliens and start fresh.

I have this old concept art saved

Also, in case you don't play video games, it might be fun watching a full no commentary play through of Alien Isolation, as they went nuts with the "1970's vision of the future" thing from Alien, if you really liked that sort of thing.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Linux Pirate posted:

Aliens hosed it up with the tone but in the best way possible. It's an undeniably great and classic movie with some of the best one-liners in modern cinema. Plus social commentary on the Vietnam war that isn't obnoxious.

Wish people would stop saying this. Portraying the noble Viet Cong as bugs is insanely hosed up lol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I have literally never heard that comparison before

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yes, it weaponizes autism.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

bird with big dick posted:

Anyone that thinks 3 or 4 are miles better than Prometheus or covenant is wrong and dumb. All four are in the same ballpark, which is not bad but not good.

Prometheus >> 3 >>>>> 4 > Covenant

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
for scale

Alien >>> Aliens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

revwinnebago posted:

The movie in terms of themes and plotting is pretty good.

In terms of absolutely making GBS threads on the last film in order to reboot the story, unnecessary runtime of attempted rape, and having effects that were a bad idea even at the time, it's still real hard to watch.

One of those "it's a good movie but I need to warn you about a few bits".

This is my take exactly. 3 is actually a pretty good movie and if it wasn’t part of the Alien series, it would probably be at least a cult classic. Watching 3 after Aliens is a huge downer and completely ruins the ending of the second movie. What it really needed was to be filmed as an Alien movie but with no tie-in to Sigourney Weaver and associated characters.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gaylien

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Failien

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I tried playing Alien: Isolation and it was too scary for me.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I sucked all 4 gay dicks

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Alien^3 would have been good without Ripley, Newt etc being in it. If some rando ship crashed with an egg would have made for a good self contained horror type movie like the first one.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

sigher posted:

Yes, it weaponizes autism.

Thank you, I've been waiting forever for an answer to that

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bula Vinaka posted:

I wish they would have made the Neil Blumpkin Alien 5 movie which was going to be Alien 3 and ignore everything after Aliens and start fresh.

Whoa, I thought I knew everything about unrealized Alien 3 projects but I've never seen this before, that loving slaps.

Gotta agree with everyone else the 3 we got would've been a lot better if it was its own thing and didn't spend the first ten minutes taking a huge poo poo on the end of Aliens.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bula Vinaka posted:

Also, in case you don't play video games, it might be fun watching a full no commentary play through of Alien Isolation, as they went nuts with the "1970's vision of the future" thing from Alien, if you really liked that sort of thing.

I mean cool but Blomkamp has only made a single good film (D9, obvs) and the more he releases the more that one film feels like it was a pure fluke.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

star eater posted:

I thought i heard goon consensus was that 3 and 4 were dog poo poo garbage? While you can't touch Alien and Aliens for how good they are (and different) i did enjoy 4 a little more than 3. Post your certified grade-A alien opinions here

also lets not talk about prometheus or covenant, two movies that actually ARE dogshit bad, objectively

4 has the sheer power of Jean-Pierre Jeunet backing it and thats why it's acceptable op

Fincher's best cut of A3 was still a bad movie because A3 was a bad movie made with bad choices

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I mean cool but Blomkamp has only made a single good film (D9, obvs) and the more he releases the more that one film feels like it was a pure fluke.

He's South African and thus incapable of contributing value to the world

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Chappie is amazing. It's like an updated Short Circuit with the racism removed. Elysium was fine, though they couldn't quite get the bounty hunter plotline to stick so the movie feels out of phase with itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

We need a Commando sequel called "Commandos" where a grizzled old Arnie's grandchild has been kidnapped and it's up to him and a ripped as gently caress Alyssa Milano who he's been teaching how to best murderise people with gardening implements to just loving ruin an entire army of disposable mooks in an insane bloodbath that flirts with an NC rating.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 18, 2021