Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

The Walrus posted:

and Rick Mercer did that segment because it literally is where Cherry gets the material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPuMzza9hk

Was that filmed before or after Rick came out publicly? Either way I'm sure Don used the same word when referencing him to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Bonzo posted:

98 lol

Is there a reason people over 70 worship the US?

senile dementia

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It’s too bad his dog died but not him

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-

Bonzo posted:

98 lol

Is there a reason people over 70 worship the US?

Cold war-era propaganda. They grew up inundated by it, and it made them believe the US was the only thing saving them from the Big Bad Commie Menace that was our other neighbor.

That or they're jealous of American Boomers. Or they're draft dodgers. who knows.

DeathCrabForCutie fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 14, 2019

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mooey Cow posted:

lmao, imagine feeling proud for people involved in WW1. Probably not a single one in those graves could have accurately explained what the hell they were even dying for, except that their own governments could have them shot if they refused to fight.

you have succinctly described why rememberence is a thing

anyway when i donated this year the bloke behind the counter looked like he was the right age to be a falklands war veteran and I was wearing a t shirt with the argentinian flag on it

Probably just some oval office who was in northern ireland though, but it was a funny thought

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwAI4rntFrE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

“We’re all immigrants and the whole deal and but I knew and nothing happened that night and nobody said anything that night and they ran it that night and they ran it later and the whole deal. And the funny thing is I never heard a thing that night. I heard it the next day at the, uh, the silent majority, as you know, is always silent.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/article-with-don-cherrys-fox-news-appearance-a-national-reckoning-descends/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Was that filmed before or after Rick came out publicly? Either way I'm sure Don used the same word when referencing him to other people.

rick mercer is a professional
in the sense he comes to work, punches in, does his job, then punches out

the guy is pretty quiet and reserved outside of work

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GolfHole posted:

rick mercer is a professional
in the sense he comes to work, punches in, does his job, then punches out

the guy is pretty quiet and reserved outside of work

I always liked "Talking to Americans."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Sailor Cat posted:

I always liked "Talking to Americans."

Too bad people got all uppity about that stupid new york plane incident and 22 Minutes stopped doing the bit.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Serrath posted:

Don Cherry is a friend of my step mothers and they do a lot of charity work together. I can absolutely confirm that he is a total rear end in a top hat in person and the racist poo poo he says on tv barely scratches the surface of what he says privately. He also never not “on,” the loud, talk over everyone stuff, literally every conversation with him, no matter how inconsequential the topic, it’s the most obnoxious thing. Like he’ll raise his voice and give a sermon if you ask him about the weather.

It’s nice that he’s actually attracting consequences for something he said but I suspect he’s never ever going to shut up about this so enjoy seeing him on every network who will let him speak ranting about this.

Alright we gotta beautiful day here and the weather and everything it's looking good. You got the sun shining over here alright and the roses lookin' red and everything it's beautiful to me alright whats next

I dunno I'm just picturing him talking to you like you're Ron Maclean

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Alright we gotta beautiful day here and the weather and everything it's looking good. You got the sun shining over here alright and the roses lookin' red and everything it's beautiful to me alright whats next

I dunno I'm just picturing him talking to you like you're Ron Maclean

:hai::bahgawd:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bonzo posted:

“We’re all immigrants and the whole deal and but I knew and nothing happened that night and nobody said anything that night and they ran it that night and they ran it later and the whole deal. And the funny thing is I never heard a thing that night. I heard it the next day at the, uh, the silent majority, as you know, is always silent.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/article-with-don-cherrys-fox-news-appearance-a-national-reckoning-descends/

Makes ya think

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ron is great because you could tell he would queue don up for his talking points then tune out until he had to keep him to the timing. Every now and then he'd listen to something and the greatest "the gently caress? You can't say that" look would be on his face.

Pierre mcguire, though weird, is surprisingly knowledgable and that guy loving loves junior hockey. He knows so much about all the junior guys coming up. I think it was one of the oilers who said during a tv timeout pierre started chatting to him about things in his junior career that he'd completely forgotten about.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bump

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Wow, I saw this got bumped after almost 2 years and thought you did it because he'd died or something.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

LSBB is Don Cherry and doesn't want us to forget him.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I'm honestly surprised Don Cherry didn't become some loud anti-mask pro-COVID idiot, he definitely fits the archetype, but as far as I can tell he hasn't?

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Many people have been banned that were in this thread, I assume for similar reasons as the poppy man

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I'm honestly surprised Don Cherry didn't become some loud anti-mask pro-COVID idiot, he definitely fits the archetype, but as far as I can tell he hasn't?

I half expected some PPC candidate to get him to appear at a campaign stop. You know you're irrelevant when even Maxime Bernier is like, "Nahhhhhh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Agent Escalus posted:

Wow, I saw this got bumped after almost 2 years and thought you did it because he'd died or something.

same, thanks for the false hope lsbb, you absolute fucker