Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ditocoaf posted:

Nobody disagrees with your first sentence on its own. If a character was meant to be based on Joe Rogan specifically, then covering the important facets of Joe Rogan would matter. But for a character based on a kind of person for which Joe Rogan is but one notable example, no.

And the fact that you kept trying to talk about details of joe rogan that would only be relevant to a character more specifically based on him, made it seem like you didn't get the difference.

Clear now?

Fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The discussion about Duke is over.
Duke was recording a video of him recording a podcast, like many podcasters do

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i think that Duke, was Joe Rogan

No doubt about it. Apparently Dave Bautista's stunt double was actually Joe Rogan.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Everyone posted:

No doubt about it. Apparently Dave Bautista's stunt double was actually Joe Rogan.

If you look closely I think you’ll notice that it is actually Joe Rogan playing Dave Bautista

Pympede
Jun 17, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Hey is the natasha lyonne show good? I haven't had time to watch it but since it's gonna be Chinese New year I may be able to

Watched episode 1 last night and really enjoyed it. Acting was great, the format was fun, and there were some interesting shots in it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It really is just Rian Johnson's Columbo so far.

It's very good.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I rewatched both Knives Out and Glass Onion last weekend and one thing I noticed was that each opening portends the climax of each movie.

In Knives Out, Marta tells Harlan that she isn't trying to beat him (at Go) she's just trying to make pretty patterns, and ultimately she "wins" not by plotting out a plan but by doing what comes naturally, trying to save Fran.

In Glass Onion, Helen "beats" the puzzle box and Miles by cutting through the bullshit and smashing things.

Of course I could be reaching but I want to see if this holds true in whatever the next one is.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Of course I could be reaching but I want to see if this holds true in whatever the next one is.

great now i have 2 things to look out for in the next one.. who uses iphones and now this.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

In Knives Out, Marta tells Harlan that she isn't trying to beat him (at Go) she's just trying to make pretty patterns, and ultimately she "wins" not by plotting out a plan but by doing what comes naturally, trying to save Fran.

It's not about fighting what we hate...

...but saving the bitch that called me El Salvadorian

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I rewatched both Knives Out and Glass Onion last weekend and one thing I noticed was that each opening portends the climax of each movie.

In Glass Onion, Helen "beats" the puzzle box and Miles by cutting through the bullshit and smashing things.

I don't think your reaching at all. It's both great characterization and effective foreshadowing. I don't think it's guaranteed to be used again, but it wouldn't surprise me.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Glass Onion was on par with The Menu and both would make for a very boring double feature.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

sick bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

ruddiger posted:

Glass Onion was on par with The Menu and both would make for a very boring double feature.

If I wanted a boring double feature I'd read two of your posts.