Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They're naturally equating it because "spanking" was generally defined with a bare hand or belt/switch/whatever to the rear end.

well I've always thought spanking meant specifically with a bare hand only, which is still not great imo. It's just kinda creepy that any parent would think "hmmmm I don't think I can inflict enough pain on this small child using merely my hand; ahhh a literal belt here we go". Seems to warrant it's own category is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Oops nvm.

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 22, 2019

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Relayer posted:

Disturbing number of posts itt that seem to naturally equate "spanking" with getting hit with a god drat belt. Good lord, I'm sorry if that ever happened to you. My parents just got mad and raised their voice if we were being poo poo heads, or didn't let us watch our favorite show for a night or whatever.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They're naturally equating it because "spanking" was generally defined with a bare hand or belt/switch/whatever to the rear end.

If your mom gave you a few over the pants swats to the butt as you walked by, that's literally nothing.

Well, I wouldn't say literally nothing. Maybe it still had an impact? But yeah, I had wooden spoons, rulers, belts, switches (that we had to pull off the tree), coat hangers, all sorts of poo poo. A few swats on the butt walking away .. doesn't really compare. Maybe we're just from an older generation where that sort of poo poo just went down.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

blight rhino posted:

Well, I wouldn't say literally nothing. Maybe it still had an impact? But yeah, I had wooden spoons, rulers, belts, switches (that we had to pull off the tree), coat hangers, all sorts of poo poo. A few swats on the butt walking away .. doesn't really compare. Maybe we're just from an older generation where that sort of poo poo just went down.

Yep, your right. I should clarify I just meant "nothing" in terms of pain inflicted.

Regardless of level of pain inflicted, pain always seemed secondary to the horror that laying hands on you was a viable tactic from your loved ones and protectors. It's like, the ultimate betrayal. If you can't trust those that brought you into this world not to lay hands on you, who can you ever trust.

gently caress this world.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ok, so I believe we’ve run our course here in gbs with this thread. It was interesting to start, but were closing in on E/N. Thanks for your sincere contributions goons.