Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I heard that in the upcoming game Final Fantasy VII for ps4 Aeris dies... discuss
e: spoilered due to mod private message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

nah fam, they'd never kill off a main character like that

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I look at my hands. They're shaking. How long have they been shaking for? I'm tired, so tired. What am I doing? I take a look at my room. It's a mess: Books pulled off shelves, vomit staining the carpet, blood on the walls, broken window allowing the cool winter air to chill my naked flesh. I still my hands upon the desk and I close my eyes. The moment repeats itself over and over and over. I'm looking at my screen and someone's lied to me. They've told me a disgusting lie and my innermost self has rebelled. Where's my cat? What happened to my cat? I cough and I choke out a fuzzy lump that had got stuck in my throat. I ate my cat whole while it was alive. It scratched and tore as I swallowed it like a snake, neck distending hideously. It had scratched and tore its way down, down, down into my stomach. I understand, of course. It's a normal reaction to being swallowed whole. I am swallowed whole, myself: With grief, with disgust, with anger, in darkness.

I extend my claws and tear at my face, rivulets trickling down my cheek as I cleave deep, over and over. Anything to block out the sound of my inner voice repeating the post, chanting the words. Mocking me. Telling me my true love is no more.

Without her I am nothing. Her love is air to a drowning man. Her love is water to the parched. Her love is a cat not trapped inside my gullet. If I could reach inside and pull out my heart I would if it would bring her back, if it would reverse the lie, if it could still my hands, if the books weren't covered in vomit and sat upon the shelves. Disgust. Loathing. Hate.

I turn off the monitor. Academic. A hole has replaced its screen where I had planted my fist straight through it, plastic and circuitry stuck inside my hand, synthetic cancer that delivered the message that hosed my world and ate my cat.

I try to cry but my tear ducts are dust.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i never liked her anyway

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
right before the sword stabs

a text box flashes up

"$20 for the Aeris Lives! DLC?"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Songbearer posted:

I look at my hands. They're shaking. How long have they been shaking for? I'm tired, so tired. What am I doing? I take a look at my room. It's a mess: Books pulled off shelves, vomit staining the carpet, blood on the walls, broken window allowing the cool winter air to chill my naked flesh. I still my hands upon the desk and I close my eyes. The moment repeats itself over and over and over. I'm looking at my screen and someone's lied to me. They've told me a disgusting lie and my innermost self has rebelled. Where's my cat? What happened to my cat? I cough and I choke out a fuzzy lump that had got stuck in my throat. I ate my cat whole while it was alive. It scratched and tore as I swallowed it like a snake, neck distending hideously. It had scratched and tore its way down, down, down into my stomach. I understand, of course. It's a normal reaction to being swallowed whole. I am swallowed whole, myself: With grief, with disgust, with anger, in darkness.

I extend my claws and tear at my face, rivulets trickling down my cheek as I cleave deep, over and over. Anything to block out the sound of my inner voice repeating the post, chanting the words. Mocking me. Telling me my true love is no more.

Without her I am nothing. Her love is air to a drowning man. Her love is water to the parched. Her love is a cat not trapped inside my gullet. If I could reach inside and pull out my heart I would if it would bring her back, if it would reverse the lie, if it could still my hands, if the books weren't covered in vomit and sat upon the shelves. Disgust. Loathing. Hate.

I turn off the monitor. Academic. A hole has replaced its screen where I had planted my fist straight through it, plastic and circuitry stuck inside my hand, synthetic cancer that delivered the message that hosed my world and ate my cat.

I try to cry but my tear ducts are dust.

source your quotes

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

right before the sword stabs

a text box flashes up

"$20 for the Aeris Lives! DLC?"
Wait, did EA get the FF7 remake?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

whoa what the gently caress op

her name is Aerith

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah no poo poo kratos didn't become the god of war by not killing anyone

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

who

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Episode 1 of the remake only covers the Midgar portion of the game so that’s probably how episode 2 will end.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Psh, Galuf died first.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Accordion Man posted:

Psh, Galuf died first.

And Tellah before him

And like everybody in FFII died

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

her name ith Aerith

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

gently caress

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
Remember that if you use TM01 while surfing on the coast of Midgard, you can get her to glitch out and live through the stabbing. My uncle at square told me this.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Way to spoil God of War!

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
If they wanted me to feel sorry, they wouldn't have forced her into the party for that lovely long dungeon, so I am happy with the way things turned out.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Great, that was my white mage. How am I supposed to beat a Final Fantasy game without a healer? Thanks a lot, Square. Real good on you. Now I have to go check every clock and cave for more elixirs.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Victory Position posted:

Great, that was my white mage. How am I supposed to beat a Final Fantasy game without a healer? Thanks a lot, Square. Real good on you. Now I have to go check every clock and cave for more elixirs.
Swap out your materia, you big goof.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

gently caress you. reported and welcome to my ignore list. fyad trolls make me puke

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

It's "Mars" in the localization. Insisting on calling him "Aeries" is some serious pantheaboo poo poo :histdowns:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it’s actually earisu, which is japanese for “air squirrel”

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I go into the transvestite brothel in Midgar

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
In the remake you can skip that whole section if you get lightning from the gacha

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I heard, in the new star wars movie, darth vader is luke skywalker's father

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I heard, in the new star wars movie, darth vader is luke skywalker's father
Nah man, The Emperor is Rey's father.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
i hear the twist is that the sled is named rosebud.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if this poo poo turns out to be true....well I don’t need to tell y’all what to do but let’s just say the metacritic user review scores will be very telling

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Look at that! Another new ending, in which Airbeans doesn't have to die!

D L C $ 4 9 . 9 9 P L U S T A X

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if this poo poo turns out to be true....well I don’t need to tell y’all what to do but let’s just say the metacritic user review scores will be very telling

dont worry about it, the bastard op of this thread is a fyadder and is just making poo poo up to troll us. aeries is going to be fine

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i asked my uncle at nintendo if this is true and he said he doesnt know because theyre not making the game

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ArfJason posted:

I heard that in the upcoming game Final Fantasy VII for ps4 Aeris dies... discuss
e: spoilered due to mod private message

Who? Areola you say? To shreds you say?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The real spoilers for new players will be Biggs, Wedge and Jessies.

I can't wait. :allears:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The twist won't be aeris dies, it'll be that the aeris in our party is actually a super crazy lady assuming the persona of her dead best friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
are you actually loving kidding me