Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this movie is corny as hell but also extremely charming and has some cool effects for a late 80s indie movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5a_00YVVkQ

ima get high and watch it, whos comin with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

see you at the cinema, gurf

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Highest quality on the internet?? I just don't believe it!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Highest quality on the internet?? I just don't believe it!

its got a hell of a quality to it i guarantee

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Oh goddamn my brother and I watched the poo poo out of that movie when we were little. How did I so completely forget it existed? In for weed and watch

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I found out about this movie from learning about the existence of alt.fan.mike-jittlov and wondering how I had never heard of someone who had their own Usenet fan group (turns out that was not surprising)

And he apparently made this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07KhVQlfWkw&t=11s
which I mean, hey, really is pretty good

I can only assume he is completely crazy though considering he seemingly never did anything else after this and his Wikipedia article says he still dresses up as the Wizard of Speed and Time at science fiction conventions. Then again, I would do the same thing if I were him. Then again.................

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I may be a few days late, but I know what I'll be watching tonight. Much like MonkeyHate, my little sister and I watched it when we were up north visiting grandma's house, as her town's video store had a copy, and I found it so bizarrely...genuine, and amateur, in a good way, that it charmed me, even as a child who missed so many references and jokes that went over my head.

My grandmother's funeral was last friday. Thank you for this thread, free hubcaps, and everyone who posted in it. And thanks to you, too, Mr. Jittlov.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've never heard of this but that's a great title for a movie so I support you OP

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I remember watching the short version many, many years ago. I never knew it was a full blown movie.

Thanks for the link to this. Will save this for a weed day.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I may be a few days late, but I know what I'll be watching tonight. Much like MonkeyHate, my little sister and I watched it when we were up north visiting grandma's house, as her town's video store had a copy, and I found it so bizarrely...genuine, and amateur, in a good way, that it charmed me, even as a child who missed so many references and jokes that went over my head.

My grandmother's funeral was last friday. Thank you for this thread, free hubcaps, and everyone who posted in it. And thanks to you, too, Mr. Jittlov.

well goddamn, i knew it was fate what willed me to make this thread

trip report, this movie was as charming as i remember and the special effects are legit better than most big budget movies of the time. also mike mike jittlov is almost certainly a libertarian weirdo

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Mike Jittlov is absolutely a crazy person who hates the hollywood establishment (by which he means pretty much everyone in hollywood, but 'the industry' in general) with the burning fury of a thousand suns, who has been sending copies of TWOSAT to people who send him cash in the mail, rather than engage with any sort of professional distribution apparatus, for years.

He is likely also some manner of libertarian, if only because of said crazy-passion level beliefs in the individual vs 'the machine', but that's the extent of my knowledge on any of his political beliefs.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love that the dude can't help but tell on himself, he's creating his passion project and a love letter to moviemaking and like half of it is him whining about unions and airing his grievances about basic social interactions like handshakes and even doing a weird cutaway gag of accusing a woman he doesn't like of being a slut by showing her in bondage gear after she says something mean to him. It's like he's caught in this weird place where he has a pathological need to entertain people and be seen as interesting (see also his magic tricks and weird precise handwriting) but he's also incredibly resentful of having to interact with people.

If he didn't have libertarian brain worms he would probably have been a successful minor special effects guy like the dudes who did the effects for the Critters movies or whatever but he's so fundamentally incapable of working with people that he's just some loser in his mom's basement soliciting women to contact him for dates on the same website he uses to do smug takedowns of the concept of income taxes.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Both versions of the movie are awesome and you should watch them. I wish I had the laserdisc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I wish modern-day Hollywood had the balls to be this batshit insane.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sleeveless posted:

I love that the dude can't help but tell on himself, he's creating his passion project and a love letter to moviemaking and like half of it is him whining about unions and airing his grievances about basic social interactions like handshakes and even doing a weird cutaway gag of accusing a woman he doesn't like of being a slut by showing her in bondage gear after she says something mean to him. It's like he's caught in this weird place where he has a pathological need to entertain people and be seen as interesting (see also his magic tricks and weird precise handwriting) but he's also incredibly resentful of having to interact with people.

If he didn't have libertarian brain worms he would probably have been a successful minor special effects guy like the dudes who did the effects for the Critters movies or whatever but he's so fundamentally incapable of working with people that he's just some loser in his mom's basement soliciting women to contact him for dates on the same website he uses to do smug takedowns of the concept of income taxes.

Loving the web 1.0 look of his site.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

original film of the Wizard of speed and Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLhLn9hVkE

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

frankee posted:

original film of the Wizard of speed and Time