Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

...do I still spin?

I find myself spending the darkest part of friday night in a back alley, just another link in a circle of squatting bodies huddled around the unforgiving, chipped cement outside a low-tier dumpling joint. Don't be fooled by my squat, I can only maintain this posture because it has been etched into my hip and knee joints across decades, ever defying my increasingly stiff back.

Eyes tracing eyes amongst the circle. A coupla decades ago we swore we couldn't have been more different. Lookit Kenny across the circle, double-stacked metal defensive rings prominent in his rig, the embodiment of the best offence being an impenetrable defence. But every year, heck, every day the eyes looking back and me look more and more the same. Our breathing has become laboured in recent years, staccato'd with tobacco hacks and perennial chest pains. A couple of our guts protrude from the bottom of our neon t-shirt hems, darkened with age.

And yet, we rip the cords over top the cheap plastic bowl and watch.

Tonight, the spinning blur looks like the toilet swirl. I watch wads of toilet paper and the load of poo poo that was my dreams, my loves, trace tighter and tighter circles, disappearing down somewhere underground. Chips of plastic litter the arena as each top eventually settles, even the lone winner eventually succumbing to the physical limits of what once felt like an unlimited world.

Just one more rip.

gently caress pogs.
gently caress crazy bones.
gently caress tech decks.

Yeah, I guess you could say I spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

[a black and white overhead shot of a dirty man laying back in a bathtub. the grimy water is opaque as the viewer sees only his neck up, arms on the sides of the tub, wide knees, and massive gut protruding upwards from the water]

*takes a big drag of a cigarillo, exhaling plumes upwards towards the camera*

"let 'errrrr rip"

*bubbles breach the water on either side of one of his thighs*

Heather Papps

hello friend

let er........ rip

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
When I was a little kid, my mother told me not to use the metal salad bowl as a bayblade stadium, so once when I was six, I did.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

super sweet best pal

magic cactus posted:

When I was a little kid, my mother told me not to use the metal salad bowl as a bayblade stadium, so once when I was six, I did.

How'd it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

real talk? it was cool as poo poo. Sparks flew like crazy, dented the hell out of the bowl. Pretty close to how it was in the show.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!