Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

CobiWann posted:

On one hand, she does have a point. We shouldn't assume someone's sexuality. Someone people may be struggling, some people may know however want to keep it quiet, and some people may be open about it. Not our business.

On the other hand...wow, not only is the timing horrible but just the wording and the way it was written...I don't know if it's corporate social media talking through her or just...it just reads wrong and it still would even if it had been posted any other time.

She doesn't have a point because she's using the language of social justice to cover up a plothole for her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CobiWann posted:

...I don't know if it's corporate social media talking through her or

with regards to wwe it's absolutely always this one. see: the metlzer pile-on when they deliberately tried to misinterpret his quote regarding peyton royce, the damage control defending of the bray wyatt/rollins dq in the hell in a cell, etc

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
When I reflect on the past decade and when I stopped watching wwe the turning point for me was blowing up the magic post draft smackdown had and the Saudi shows

Like, talking smack, Heath’s I got kids run to the belt, fashion files, Moxley champ having matches against Cena and AJ, it was really good

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Do it ironically posted:

When I reflect on the past decade and when I stopped watching wwe the turning point for me was blowing up the magic post draft smackdown had and the Saudi shows

Like, talking smack, Heath’s I got kids run to the belt, fashion files, Moxley champ having matches against Cena and AJ, it was really good

I miss watching and enjoying main roster WWE :( I wonder if it’ll ever be consistently decent again.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I miss watching and enjoying main roster WWE :( I wonder if it’ll ever be consistently decent again.
Ok, listen here...

Hostile takeover, splits the ranks of the WWE...

Led by Kenny Omega and Dude Love

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

is pepsi ok posted:

She doesn't have a point because she's using the language of social justice to cover up a plothole for her character.
It's not a plot hole. That's the one thing I'll give them. There's never been anything about her or her character which definitively rules out the possibility of her being attracted to or having a relationship with a woman. No sign, no actions, no contradictory statement. There isn't for anybody, unless you have psychic powers and can work out a person's orientation better than they can themselves.

It's still got PR department workshopping written all over it, and I don't trust WWE to pull this story off with anywhere near the nuance and dignity it requires, but it's not a plot hole.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

It's not a plot hole. That's the one thing I'll give them. There's never been anything about her or her character which definitively rules out the possibility of her being attracted to or having a relationship with a woman. No sign, no actions, no contradictory statement. There isn't for anybody, unless you have psychic powers and can work out a person's orientation better than they can themselves.

It's still got PR department workshopping written all over it, and I don't trust WWE to pull this story off with anywhere near the nuance and dignity it requires, but it's not a plot hole.

This is a wild stance

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Just you wait, I'm working on a hot take about how black wrestlers shouldn't be immediately relegated to dancing comedy acts, too. Unchained, I am.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

Just imagine never watching wrestling and that match being what gets you in. lol

Even funnier: Imagine having watched good, exciting wrestling in the past, and that match being what brings you back.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TheKingslayer posted:

Just imagine never watching wrestling and that match being what gets you in. lol

I got into wrestling because a friend asked me to come over to their house and watch Dennis Rodman and Hulk Hogan team up on PPV. My knowledge of wrestling before that was my friend that had a Macho Man and Hogan wrestling buddy and watched it with his dad sometimes.

The match was lovely, but the concept was enough to hook me for these last 23 years.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

pressedbunny posted:

Her character progression is: smart manager, crazy woman, slut. The lgbt stuff is something they shitted out recently. Ill give them nothing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE does not deserve the benefit of the doubt ever

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It's time for a new thread for January!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I got into wrestling because a friend asked me to come over to their house and watch Dennis Rodman and Hulk Hogan team up on PPV. My knowledge of wrestling before that was my friend that had a Macho Man and Hogan wrestling buddy and watched it with his dad sometimes.

The match was lovely, but the concept was enough to hook me for these last 23 years.

I can at least understand that. I mean Rodman was a multi-time NBA champion in the mainstream, Hogan is well, Hogan. Wrestling was also so drat hot.

Now though it's just uh... Dolph and Roman.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They took Liv off tv for months to repackage her and this was the best they could come up with? Where could this even lead?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
It doesn’t matter there’s basically zero long term booking and Vince will completely re-write the show on a whim hours before

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Liv will be back off TV for another few weeks then brought back on Smackdown and no-one will mention her role in the wedding ever

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Julio Cruz posted:

Liv will be back off TV for another few weeks then brought back on Smackdown and no-one will mention her role in the wedding ever

except for when someone wants to make a joke to pop the smarks in a promo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New thread