Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

its legal heck the cops :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
seems like a bad idea

glitch77
Apr 22, 2006
yay you used a product

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I saw that they were on sale for $5 on the steam sale this week, but then I decided that I already have 2 Xbox controllers which appear to be superior in every way to a steam controller, so I didn't buy one

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

valve kinda doomed their steam controller when they added input remapping support for all the major console gamepads

i can't decide if i like the dual shock 4 or the switch pro controller better but they are both really really good

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m sorry

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Sagebrush posted:

I saw that they were on sale for $5 on the steam sale this week, but then I decided that I already have 2 Xbox controllers which appear to be superior in every way to a steam controller, so I didn't buy one

same

figured they must cost $5.01 to recycle responsibly

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

apparently that $5 sale was a proper clearance like they did with the steam link the other year

they ended up overselling them and the refund emails sent out said they aren't going to be making any more steam controllers

maybe they'll be releasing a new version...but going by valve's track record I'm gonna say :rip: steam controller

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

r u ready to WALK posted:

valve kinda doomed their steam controller when they added input remapping support for all the major console gamepads

i can't decide if i like the dual shock 4 or the switch pro controller better but they are both really really good

the dual shock line has been terrible for its entire existence and idk how anyone could prefer it over the xbox controller where it was actually designed for human hands.

idk about the switch pro controllers but the default switch controllers are too small and feel cheap and flimsy.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the xbox controller where it was actually designed for human hands.

everyone hated the original basketball sized controllers and for a long time the xbox had the worst dpad in the history of dpads, save for the coleco or intellivision from the pre-nes days

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the worst controller (aside from madcatz etc) was the nes max

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The_Franz posted:

everyone hated the original basketball sized controllers and for a long time the xbox had the worst dpad in the history of dpads, save for the coleco or intellivision from the pre-nes days

the original xbox controller was fine

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

the worst controller (aside from madcatz etc) was the nes max

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I use a ps4 dual shock and it owns except it’s hopeless if I try to connect with BT so it lives on a cable like a loving pilgrim

only a handful of games use it properly but those that do :discourse:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

the ds4 is actually kind of crappy. the touchpad is basically useless, the buttons beside it, which end up being start/select when you use the controller with anything else, are too hard to press, the battery life sucks compared to it's predecessor, the rubber on the analog sticks had a tendency to fall apart on older models and internally they switched from using an actual circuit board to a plastic film with the circuit traces printed on it, which has a tendency to break. i have old ps1 controllers from 1996 that still work while my ds4 needed that film replaced after just a couple of years because half of the dpad suddenly stopped working

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Shaggar posted:

the dual shock line has been terrible for its entire existence and idk how anyone could prefer it over the xbox controller where it was actually designed for human hands.

lol shaggar. you're such a stinker.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if the steam controller only had one touchpad it would own, or if it had divots or bumps for dpad directions

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0YzkTFmq1k

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Shaggar posted:

idk about the switch pro controllers but the default switch controllers are too small and feel cheap and flimsy.

agreed about the default switch controller. the switch pro controller however is solid, comfortable, and good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
except no analog triggers...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the xbox one controller is the epitome of game controllers and idk why anyone ever bothers with anything else. the xbox 360 figured out the perfect shape for the hand and the xbone added a superior nintendo-style d-pad. the only thing wrong with it is that the two face buttons are called [maximize] and [hamburger] instead of start and select, but thanks to cultural memory you can just tell people "press start" and they'll go for the correct button every time so it doesn't even matter.

i recall a similar joke in the back pages of macaddict re. the original ipod earbuds

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

the original ipod earbuds

those are from hell too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yep, may 2002

President Beep posted:

those are from hell too

the best part was that they came with little foamy covers in case they were still too small. rofl

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
original xbox controller was fuckin huge and hard to hold

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just like ur mum :xd:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
fuk

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

attn haters: actually its good

the weird haptic sound effects when it turns on and off are an acceptable gimmick

the trackball enulator things is good

best use of 5 bucks since your mom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

original xbox controller was fuckin huge and hard to hold

xbox was for fps meatheads. ps2 was the jrpg patrician’s choice.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

xbox was for fps meatheads. ps2 was the jrpg patrician’s choice.

I modded my xbox and pirated the poo poo out of everything, it was great

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

xbox will always have a special place in my heart for gifting us with xbmc

it had the best mods too

only console i know about where people have replaced the CPU and upgraded the ram

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lol noice

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

r u ready to WALK posted:

only console i know about where people have replaced the CPU and upgraded the ram

n64 expansion pak would like a word with you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

time to play turok 2.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
plex is the successor to xbmc and if youve used netlix or disney plug or regardless plex shows everyone how it should be done wow

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
posting with a steam roller

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Soricidus posted:

n64 expansion pak would like a word with you

it had a cpu in it too? noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
nah it was just ram. but there were a bunch of snes carts with cpus in them so I guess that’s even older