Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

So yes, it is to balk at the police QRF. So uh... that still doesn't really answer anything. Why is it written so stilted and awkwardly? What's the Big Point that underlies the tweet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Bad Purchase posted:

All this needs is one guy hopping around with a knife and it's the perfect counterstrike team leaving spawn reenactment.
Under-appreciated post.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dont Touch ME posted:

So yes, it is to balk at the police QRF. So uh... that still doesn't really answer anything. Why is it written so stilted and awkwardly? What's the Big Point that underlies the tweet?

... That America is bad for letting gun lobbyists write our laws and that its ridiculous that its gotten to this point?

I'm not trying to argue things either way, but I'm not sure how else that tweet can be interpreted.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Can we stop calling them active shooters like it's a weather phenomenon?

Clinical tacticool names don't actually mean you are in control.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They're cool, but not good. Kinda like cocaine, really

Forums merge: TCCFR

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

Does anyone understand what this guy is talking about?

No but I’m pretty sure he’s being racist

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Oscar Wild posted:

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1204475965973266432?s=19

Can someone set this video to "Jump in the Line" by Harry Belafonte?

What’s that Pride of Jersey business? Brothel?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Burt Sexual posted:

Uh lol

I’m a bit riled up from SA developments I guess

Sorry

But on topic, is anything new going to come out? I mean it was a terrorism attack and they’re dead. Don’t get me me wrong I like news stories.

You’re paranoid Burt you need to settle down

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Members of notoriously antisemitic fringe group murder Jews in terrorist act, gbs agrees that cops are bad.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Black Hebrew Israelites are a very weird and very dumb cult. I'm used to them as those guys who used to hang out by Union Square, wearing armor and yell-preaching about how Jews are fake.

Read a report saying that their U-Haul had contained an explosive. I wonder if, like the Columbine nerds before them, they had planned on bomb-related mayhem, but then things didn't go as planned

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Black Hebrew Israelites are a very weird and very dumb cult. I'm used to them as those guys who used to hang out by Union Square, wearing armor and yell-preaching about how Jews are fake.

Read a report saying that their U-Haul had contained an explosive. I wonder if, like the Columbine nerds before them, they had planned on bomb-related mayhem, but then things didn't go as planned

One time they posted here on SA about 3D printed "goblins" or something weird like that... I think it had to do with pre-meditated mass murder from the vibes i got from it, real creepy stuff

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

... That America is bad for letting gun lobbyists write our laws and that its ridiculous that its gotten to this point?

I'm not trying to argue things either way, but I'm not sure how else that tweet can be interpreted.

So the underlying point is that the presence of tactical police is hinged on the efficacy of America's gun lobby? It seems like a really inappropriate writing style if it was meant in a "this is happening right now" kind of immediacy, playing on the back that this response wouldn't be happening at that moment if it weren't for America's gun lobby.

What a revolutionary observation, Shannon. Good thing it was drowned in melodrama, otherwise I might have missed the deep phenomenological analysis.

This is why twitter users are cancerous. Where's the loving rhetoric, where are the axioms, the extrapolations? What the gently caress is the point of dialogue if it lacks nuance and substance?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Duck and Cover posted:

Yes yes you totally need those guns. No other hobby will do! Pew pew pew. You want to have guns as your hobby then dealing with the laws is one of the prices you pay. Well should pay, I'm sure many don't. If it's for "protection"? Hahahahahahahaha pathetic.

Thank you for your very measured and mature response.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 12, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dont Touch ME posted:

Especially since in placws like Britain you have cops just patrolling around with machine guns like it's nbd

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I know them and think they are cool

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

JK Fresco posted:

Especially since in placws like Britain you have cops just patrolling around with machine guns like it's nbd

I think part of the reason I had trouble with figuring out the point is because that barely over a week ago a London QRF shot a dude.

Quite a fair amount of military and paramilitary police presence in the cities of "high income" European countries, especially whenever there's a passive threat to public safety. This negative whataboutism is really loving weird. The display of ignorance that Americans show when it comes to other countries is absolutely astounding.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dont Touch ME posted:

I think part of the reason I had trouble with figuring out the point is because that barely over a week ago a London QRF shot a dude.

Quite a fair amount of military and paramilitary police presence in the cities of "high income" European countries, especially whenever there's a passive threat to public safety. This negative whataboutism is really loving weird. The display of ignorance that Americans show when it comes to other countries is absolutely astounding.

counterpoint: other countries suck lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dont Touch ME posted:

Dude... Lets not make this into an argument about whose police force shoots more people.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

VikingSkull posted:

counterpoint: other countries suck lol

No, just people who use twitter. I could care less about the politics of the matter, I just posted because that Shannon lady's tweet is really silly. Terminal twitter brain.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jay_Zombie posted:

Thank you for your very measured and mature response.

Don't be sarcastic it's rude. That goes for everyone else too you hear me! Why are you laughing at me? This is serious I demand a serious conversation on this matter!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dont Touch ME posted:

Terminal twitter brain.

I think we should world filter the r-word to this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Oh I get, you're insinuating that I'm insecure right? That I'M insecure? Don't make me lauh you passive-aggressive little poo poo. If I'm the insecure one why are you so obsessed with trying to make me look bad?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

What happened? Please don't make me read 5 pages of goon nonsense. Sum it up in 10 words or less! I'm an incredibly busy man and time is money

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duck and Cover posted:

Don't be sarcastic it's rude. That goes for everyone else too you hear me! Why are you laughing at me? This is serious I demand a serious conversation on this matter!

Maybe you should buy a gun over it

naem
May 29, 2011

this wouldn’t have gun if that pitbull had been circumcised, beans in chili

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

naem had a stroke again.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

naem posted:

this wouldn’t have gun if that pitbull had been circumcised, beans in chili
Keep going I'm almost finished!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

Yeah, they're everywhere apart from the no go areas that are under Sharia law. :rolleyes:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I’m excited about getting my news from this thread. Voted 5.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I’m excited about getting my news from this thread. Voted 5.

this just in to the newsdesk

you suck lol

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Keep going I'm almost finished!

I don’t tip in protest of low wages necessitating tipping.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

this just in to the newsdesk

you suck lol

Please don’t troll me.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

What happened? Please don't make me read 5 pages of goon nonsense. Sum it up in 10 words or less! I'm an incredibly busy man and time is money

Members of black anti-semitic cult-group thing attacked a kosher deli, the cops shot them and nobody else. Goons aren't sure how to deal with a mass shooting that doesn't fit with any of their usual pet issues so gun control chat is starting up.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 12, 2019

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Using “you suck” as a generic insult is either homophobia or slut shaming or both and should be probed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Patrick Spens posted:

Members of black anti-semitic cult-group thing attacked a kosher deli, the cops shot them and nobody else, goons aren't sure how to deal with a mass shooting that doesn't fit with any of their usual pet issues so gun control chat is starting up.

I think u mean fun control