Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

most of the black magic in final fantasy vi had really cool names, like ultima or firaga or flare or something else kinda badass

but then uve got merton lmao. Merton. It’s like some nerds name. what’s the deal with Merton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

... Eye of the spider - it's poison in one bite! Oh! look out, I'm an excellent fighter. The creepers, and the zombies - other mobs of the night. Spiders give you some string and the eye. Of the spider.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

... Eye of the spider - it's poison in one bite! Oh! look out, I'm an excellent fighter. The creepers, and the zombies - other mobs of the night. Spiders give you some string and the eye. Of the spider.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's "meltdown" translated into Japanese and back. Ignore the haters and respect the lore.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

P-Mack posted:

It's "meltdown" translated into Japanese and back. Ignore the haters and respect the lore.

thats badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FF3 spell names, RANKED!

1. Imp
2. Everything else

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yELOiYgR2aI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Huh. TIL.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you P-Mack.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This needs to be a smilie.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This needs to be a smilie.

That's Merton!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i know what the deal with merton is but i wont tell the op

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

lmao

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

i know what the deal with merton is but i wont tell the op

u loving binch

P-Mack posted:

thank you friend! I appreciate it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

wondering how i ever kept the phantasy star online spells straight in my head

compared to that merton is nothing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When I was ten I watched my older brother play FFX and got really mad he kept naming his aeons things like La Royale and Ballsack instead of their noble default names. so Merton is fine imo

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Do you recall which ones were La Royale and Ballsack?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bahamut and Ixion respectively. Ixion was my favourite and I could not believe the disrespect

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

ya this has been a problem with phantasy star since the old days

“what spell is that?”
“wat”
“I said what spell is that?”
“...wat”

also shin megami tensei has a similar problem

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 12, 2019

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Gifoie: ☺️
Gizonde: 😍
Gibarta: 🤩🤩🤩

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

When I was ten I watched my older brother play FFX and got really mad he kept naming his aeons things like La Royale and Ballsack instead of their noble default names. so Merton is fine imo

I named Ifrit Trogdor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

I named Ifrit Trogdor.

Lol

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Vincent Vega voice: La Royale with Ballsack

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

ya this has been a problem with phantasy star since the old days

“what spell is that?”
“wat”
“I said what spell is that?”
“...wat”

also shin megami tensei has a similar problem

on the really old consoles those shortened names at least made sense bc they were trying to save every single byte possible