Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok boomer.
Goku
WIFE NO COOK GOOD
Ovechkin is a BEAST
Pitbulls are murder machines
View Results

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Entorwellian posted:

If a person writes fantasy/sci-fi, regardless if they are making a living off it or not.
If a person has tattoos on their face and neck.
If a person works in marketing or "youtube influencing"
If a person watches Alex Jones or any conspiracy theorist peddlers.
If a person has anything to do with open relationships and polyandry.
If a person has a shelf of anime and/or video games.
If a person is addicted to any substance.
If a person is in debt by more than $10,000.

I think the big one though for me would be "if a person has a lot of money but no obvious clues or explanations as to how they got it."

Deep Boomer Energy here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Pick posted:

an unhappy cat or dog that they clearly can't communicate with

There's a definite correlation of people's mood and attitude with their dysfunctional pets. Like the house is overrun with dogs, that tear up furniture, or their cat keeps crapping on the carpet, or snarls and scratches visitors. And their owner shrugs and says "what can you do, it's just the way they are"

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Twitch posted:

Is incapable of doing anything without posting about it on social media, or even worse livestreaming it.

I've found this is a huge tell. If their social media feed reads like a sales pitch for their life, that speaks volumes for insecurity, superficiality, and being over-concerned about other people's opinions and external appearances.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

a dick in the hand is better than two in the bush

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Entorwellian posted:

If a person is in debt by more than $10,000.

:v: Nice place you've got here. How could you afford this?

:j: Oh I took out a mortgage

:lofty:

:j: I have a good job.

:v: How'd you get that?

:j: I went to university and got a good degree.

:v: How could you afford that?

:j: Stundent loan.

Entorwellian posted:

I think the big one though for me would be "if a person has a lot of money but no obvious clues or explanations as to how they got it."

:j: What kind of question is that for a first date?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The_Continental posted:

To add to the thread, avoid women who fervently disallow people from assigning traits deemed as "feminine" to their male children. I got cussed up and down by a woman for saying her son's braids looked "cute". She got all crazy and scolded me saying that "HES NOT CUTE HES HANDSOME". Pretty gross.

Or yourself for that matter. Its surprising how common I've run into that kind of nonsense.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Icochet posted:

:j: Oh I took out a mortgage

:j: I have a good job.

:v: How'd you get that?

:j: I went to university and got a good degree.

:v: How could you afford that?

:j: Stundent loan.

:j: What kind of question is that for a first date?

Yeah you just wait 'till Common Law marriage kicks in and half of that debt magically becomes your debt!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My green flag is some people are *always* nice. Like even when people are being rude to them or doing offensive things they handle it in a civil way. Whereas a LOT of people, especially over-emotional and impulsive people, are just looking for any reason to take their anger out and will be rude back or escalate things. So if you see someone handling confrontations in a calm way and without getting angry then they are probably emotionally intelligent people who are good to be around.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Schweinhund posted:

My green flag is some people are *always* nice

I never thought I'd have a green flag! If I'm getting frustrated with someone 99% of the time I just politely extract myself from the situation but it happens maybe once every few years, generally if someone is angry it's not because of anything I did and listening to them vent can help them cool down

The one exception was when I was getting constant daily harassment from a supervisor and eventually I just stopped everything, leaned towards him bracing myself on a scaffold tube and glared at him with a serious expression until he left, no verbal escalation or anything and he quit a couple of days later so the harassment stopped without having to actually be rude. I feel like if I actually fought back it wouldn't have done either of us any good and also apparently my glaring-game is on point, plus I would have felt bad if I said mean things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

ChubbyChecker posted:

a dick in the hand is better than two in the bush

strong volcel energy