Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
There's always a PAKRockMedium001. (At least one.) I know exactly what Phil's talking about there - mainly from modding Bethesda games. There are art assets you go back to again and again because they're so versatile and always seem to just fit.

It's easy to see what the various "PAKRockMedium001" equivalents were for Bethesda themselves too, since the editors have a little number next to objects in the menu indicating how many times they've been used. (I just went and checked out of curiosity, and in Skyrim for example, the most commonly used object seems to be "TreeThicket01" - which is actually just a bunch of dead-looking long grass. Nearly fifteen thousand instances.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azsedcf
Jul 21, 2006

...a place of unlimited darkness.
"Where are the doors?" they asked nerviously.
Even my bellowing laughter couldn't fill this space.
Did you ever get the picture of PAKRockMedium001 to show off? Seeing PAKRockMedium001 by itself would make spotting elsewhere easier.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I want to see the rock

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately I was never delivered the high quality render of the glorious pakrockmedium001, but I'll ask Phil if he still has it onhand now that Deck 13 is doing remote work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The LP will be returning soon now that I'm on the uphill climb to health again, but for now here's twelve hours of CJacobs to tide you over!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBlsEfsWiA0

It's that time again! August 25th was my birthday, and I turned 26 this year! To celebrate, I spent the whole day hanging out with you folks and carrying on the tradition of Bioshock-ing around the clock, this time with Bioshock 2, another excellent entry in the series.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
Great news, hope your health continues to improve. For some reason I've really enjoyed your Surge LP's, even though they're a game style I've never really enjoyed playing. The world they've built is surprisingly interesting.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
I'd never watched your stream before, and when I saw you I did a double-take; you look almost exactly like a guy I used to work with. He even wore plaid all the time. So heads up, you've got a twin running around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Glad to hear that you're doing better, I hope your 27th year is excellent!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Stay healthy and get better.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Did they start using guns in the previous Surge? Seems like there's a lot of them running around in this one, even to the point that you had to snipe a dude with your drone and hide behind cover so he would come over and you could kill him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The security guards had shoulder-mounted stun guns and the liquidator enemies used flamethrowers, but no, The Surge didn't have any standard videogame firearms. The wild west DLC added a few guns but even the rifle you just swing around wildly like it's a baseball bat and bullets happen to fly in all directions by coincidence. It's a super interesting change and one I'm not really a fan of to be honest. They wanted to go with a more seedy-cyber-bandit-mob vibe with the enemies around Jericho it seems, but giving anyone besides the elite security dudes actual real guns feels like it was a mistake imo.

edit: That said, it does make sense that the hunters would have at least a sidearm. Being prepared for any situation seems like it's kinda their thing.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 7, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Surge runs on anime rules and the various bots and beasties are impervious to small arms fire.
So you need to run around with a half ton bar of electrified steel.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And so concludes my long break. It's good to be back, and I come bearing gifts!

We got our hands on that gribbly nano-brain the hard way, so why not give it to someone who knows a thing or two about nanites?

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
I was extremely hype to see this turn up in my YouTube notifications. Good to see you back, CJacobs!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

CJacobs stands for Comet (Jacob's) C/1695 U1 which, lemme see, has an hyperbolic orbit and so doesn't come back, so, welcome back from whichever other star system flung you back into the plague system, enjoy your stay.

Happy to see you back around.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

He lives! :dance:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Glad to see you back. Here's hoping the new year treats you better than the last one.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

As a rule, disasters don't result in roving gangs of malcontents threatening the populace.

Or, rather, they do, but in the forms of cops and the army "maintaining order" by controlling a situation the only way they know how: with violence, instead of with an agile, aid-focused disaster response. That comes from citizen groups.

https://www.stitcher.com/show/behind-the-bastards/episode/elite-panic-why-the-rich-and-powerful-cant-be-trusted-79540936

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's what's fun about the game world The Surge 2 presents imo. All this insanity with the drug trading, the blue sparkle, the mercenary Hunters, the corrupt Jericho police force, all that was already here before the titular the surge happened. Jericho City sucks and seemingly has always sucked. It's just now that it HAS happened, there are too many messes at once for AID to clean up so they're clearly not even bothering. They'd rather keep people INSIDE the city with extreme prejudice than actually help with... Yknow, providing aid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I assume a surged Creo washing machine would somehow turn out to be like Stephen King's The Mangler. At least one of those statues in the CIT lobby better come alive at some point too.