Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
it's common knowledge that during Christmastide and ending with the feast of Saint Anthony, the Devil is permitted to roam the earth seeking those whom he might destroy, and his powers wax to their full; and this is why during this period there are all sorts of goblins and beasts abroad at night, such as the dreadful Kallikantzaros who catches the unwary and flies with them to great heights only to dash them to pieces on the ground below; and some say that it is in this time that the old god Wotan is at his hunt, and drives before him a parade of unhappy souls chased by his terrible hounds. And so it is to keep us mindful and wary of this coterie of Hell that it has become traditional entertainment to tell tales of supernatural horror while sipping the egg-nog and roasting the chest-nuts, as we are wont to do during the Christmas season.

what scary ghost stories do you plan to tell, to frighten the wits out of your friends and family on this festive occassion?
i'm gonna tell 'Beetlejuice'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
this year i'm using a slideshow to enhance the experience for my listeners. the story starts with the rise of a plucky young quarterback by the name of joe theissman.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
The brave young men had gathered together for a single purpose. “Tonight, we will exchange 100 stories and see if the legends are true; see if something terrifying awaits us at the end.”

They were ardent tellers of tales. As the night passed, they soon arrived at the closing of the ninety-ninth weird story. The room was thick with anticipation.

“Let us not be impatient.” said one of the men. “A drink and some food together before the final tale is told.” All in agreement, they produced lacquered boxes packed tight with delicacies. These were shared between the intimate gathering. They sat in a circle, enjoying the brief respite.

Without warning, a great hand appeared on the ceiling. It appeared to stretch wide, reaching its fingers out in a colossal grasp.

The frightened men were bowled over at the sight, except for a single stalwart who sprang to action. With a flick of his wrist, his sword flew from its sheath and struck at the hand. However, much to everyone’s surprise instead of a giant finger the sword sliced off a spider’s leg, about three inches in length. One of the men chuckled, “I guess this was a true Test of Courage after all.”

As to the spider, it appeared to be of the variety known as the orb-spinning spider. It would flatter it too much to call it a Joro spider (joroguma). Its color was not right to call it an earth spider (tsuchigumo). But it was no common pit spider either (anagumo). After all, in its web it had killed a giant weevil, so it must have a dreadful poison.

But its color was blue/green, like the kind of insect that could disappear between blades of grass. Perhaps it was a sea spider, blown here by an ocean breeze that carried it far from its home, floating in the air as if on the waves. It is pitiable; this spider carried so far from its home, trying to make do in its new environment, spinning a web on unknown surfaces. We should admire its perseverance. It was only sitting there, sleeping in the summer heat, never asking for the intrusion of these storytellers. And here was its fine works undone.

Our own fine works are made of individual threads that can be pulled apart. We can be killed on the street walking home, joining Yorimitsu in the spirit realms. Or maybe tomorrow will come. It is not for us to decide.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
Sun Kiun-sheu of Shang-shuh was an atrociously bad character bent on insulting the shen and maltreating the kwei. Once he was strolling in the hills with some others and had reason to retire. For fun he squatted over a dry skull by a neglected grave and made it swallow his feces, saying, “Eat this, is it not delicious?” on which the skull, its jaws wide open, spoke, “Yes, it is.” Horrified at this, Kiun-sheu ran away as fast as his legs could bear him, with the skull rolling behind him over the ground like a car wheel, till he reached a bridge, up which the skull could not manage to raise itself. From an eminence he saw the skull roll back to its old place. Ashy pale as a corpse, he came home and fell ill. Constantly he brought his excrements to his mouth with his hand, and swallowed them, saying to himself, “Eat this, is it not nice?” Then he voided them anew and devoured them again, going on in this wise for three whole days, when he died.

----------------

Escape From Noise

The chilling tale of... GARBAGE DAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

Bonaventure

by sebmojo

so, this is what they call a "video nasty..."

feels like i'm gonna puke from the terror!

----------------

Escape From Noise

Bonaventure posted:

so, this is what they call a "video nasty..."

feels like i'm gonna puke from the terror!

Good tagline

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
Once upon a time the son of a man and the son of a ghost dug pitfalls in the forest. So the son of the ghost said to the son of the man, “You select now the share of the animals who you will always take.”

Therefore the man said, “I will always take the male animals.”

The ghost said to him, “Choose now a good thing, so that you will have it always.”

Thereupon the man said to the ghost, “Choose now the portion which you will have to eat all the time.”

So the ghost said, “I will eat the females of all the animals, all that we shall catch; but you, the son of a man, you will eat all of the male animals.”

Then the man said to the ghost, “You can also eat of the males.”

But the ghost said, “No, I will not eat them, because it is forbidden to us ghosts to eat of male animals.”

When two nights had passed, they went out to visit the traps, and they found that ten animals had been killed in the pitfalls. So the ghost said to the man, “You take all of them!” So he took them all. Then they went home. On another day they went to visit the traps, and they found a buffalo and an elephant standing in the pits; and these also were males, both of them. And again the man took them all. The man said, however, to the ghost, “Come, you may take one of the tusks.” But the ghost said, “No, for it is forbidden to us ghosts to take ivory of a male animal, lest we die.”

So the man took the whole elephant and carried the meat to his town.

But the wife of the man had forgotten the broken cutlass at the place where they had cut up the elephant. When the ghost saw the woman coming, he threw the broken cutlass into the pit for her. So he said to the wife of the man, “Go down into the pit and get your cutlass.”

So the woman descended into the pit, and she said to the ghost, “Help me up out of the pit!”

When the man saw that his wife did not speedily return, he followed after her and found the ghost standing beside the pit. Then he asked him, “Where is my wife?”

And the ghost replied, “She is down there in the pit.”

The man in turn said, “Help her up out of the pit!”

But the ghost replied, “No, I will not help her up, because I said I would not eat any male animals killed in these pits, but the females. At the present time there is a female down in the pit; there is nothing else for me to do but to take her.”

To this the man replied, “But she is my wife!”

But the ghost said, “It is forbidden that a female animal, once it is caught in a pit the ghosts have dug, be released again, but the ghosts themselves must take it.”

Upon this the man became angry and broke off a club with which to strike the ghost, but the ghost suddenly went down into the pit and took the woman, and they disappeared down there in the pit. And he was never seen anywhere again but in the streets of his father’s village.

Thus the man lost his wife.

----------------

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
im going to play my joe jack talcum record with the song about the christmas the aliens took over the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
The philosophical koan of duck

and antiduck

----------------