Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

Excel I can sort of understand since it's actual useful software, but Word? Really, WORD?! What the heck do you want that for?

I had to put together a document to print and what would've taken 30 minutes in Word took like two hours in LibreOffice. I've just been using word for over 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

Workbench for Amiga

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

treasure bear posted:

Workbench for Amiga

operating systems in rom

:allears:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I had my 1200 with 3.0 you could put in a disk that would load AmigaOS 1.3, and so when you reset the computer it booted up like that.. until you switched off power for long enough..

can someone explain to me how resetting my amiga (not switching off power) didn't erase ram? at least in a way that allowed an operating system loaded into ram to become dominant?

also remember when the power light would go bright/dim to indicate it was crashing. aaaah thje glory days
that power light represented some audio filter huh