Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The director of this is Joseph Kosinski, who has nothing but the very forgettable Tron: Legacy and video game ads on his resume. Lol. Plus it's written by 4 people, one of which is the dude who wrote Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

The flying scenes in Oblivion were fantastic and by all accounts he is shooting mostly real jets actually flying, including real jets really flying with the actors in them. Tom Cruise flies his own P-51 in this movie like a modern day Steve McQueen. Also he said he wants drones to have essentially no role in the film

gary oldmans diary posted:

"youre obsolete maverick!"
"oh yeah well can your UAVs do thiiis? :smug:"
"yes. yes they can"

actually not really, no they can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm gonna own everyone in this thread repeatedly btw

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Julius CSAR posted:

probably

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
they are using the F-18 because twin engine jets are baller as gently caress and super loud which will translate well in theaters

e- the F-35 is also very loud but it's single seat so they can't shoot cool cockpit scenes

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

VikingSkull posted:

they are using the F-18 because twin engine jets are baller as gently caress and super loud which will translate well in theaters

e- the F-35 is also very loud but it's single seat so they can't shoot cool cockpit scenes

I think it's mainly that the majority of jets are Hornets. In fact, there are no Hornets in Top Gun as they were about the same age as the F-35s and the Tomcat was prevalent.

Also, many Hornets are two seaters and that can allow for the in cockpit Pilot to RIO banter like in the first movie.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Julius CSAR posted:

White knights and Blue Angels

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Mr. Dick posted:

White knights and Blue Angels

yeah who would ever say the movie looks cool in the thread for talking about how the movie looks cool?!

You loving idiot.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Get ready to ride the cum cruise

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Julius CSAR posted:

I think it's mainly that the majority of jets are Hornets. In fact, there are no Hornets in Top Gun as they were about the same age as the F-35s and the Tomcat was prevalent.

Also, many Hornets are two seaters and that can allow for the in cockpit Pilot to RIO banter like in the first movie.

there's also the fact that like the original, they use what "Topgun" uses in real life

in the 80's they had the Tomcat, SFTI uses the Hornet today

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

VikingSkull posted:

there's also the fact that like the original, they use what "Topgun" uses in real life

in the 80's they had the Tomcat, SFTI uses the Hornet today

gently caress. You are absolutely correct.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
you kinda gotta showcase the Navy if the Navy is gonna cooperate with you in filming cool rear end flying scenes

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Yvan Eht Nioj

yetmy3rdrereg
Sep 5, 2019
*slowly learns the footwork scene circa 2013 to 2015*

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

drat right.

Adbot