Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Laserface posted:

It's a loving banger of a song. Like it's so perfectly written and structured that it is objectively the best Christmas song out there.

*brofists u so hard there's a spark and like a blast of air that sends up dust around our feet* :mad::respek::mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
I was at a Costco recently and they put my display under the music speaker and "All I want for Christmas" literally played 3 times to every 1 song, and it would have a different jingle intro to, so you'd be like "oh good, they are playing something different" but NO-HELL it would just be the song sang slightly different by someone who sounds vaguely like her.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
So it's 1994 and you're just a little kid at a church and Mariah Carey is in front of you singing "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and in the middle of the song she points directly at YOU and says

Mariah Carey posted:

"'Cause I know that you have been bad.
You have been bad.
Don't even deny it, 'cause I saw you."

https://youtu.be/TRFb3ubSq_E?t=55
She knew. Somehow international pop music sensation Mariah Carey knew all about what you did and just called you out on it in front of everyone at church.

Your brow gets moist with sweat. poo poo! Just how much trouble are you in? And why'd the bitch have to blow your cover like that in front of the Lord and everyone? Has she just ensured your eternal damnation? Christmas just got a whole lot less merry for you.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

:santapop:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ya can't believe it's dominating the charts instead of dj khaled saying "poo poo poo poo suck" over trap drums

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

my thicc queen

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nwalks/status/812162271220731904

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I didn't realise the song was actually called "All I Want For Christmas" until this thread.

Can't wait to correct everyone from now on; thanks OP.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
I've seen this chart a couple of times before and I'm really curious about the big dip in 2013. Did Mariah Carey commit some kind of heinous faux-paus that made people hate her? Were people just not feeling very Christmas-y that year? What's the deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Mr. Bones posted:

I've seen this chart a couple of times before and I'm really curious about the big dip in 2013. Did Mariah Carey commit some kind of heinous faux-paus that made people hate her? Were people just not feeling very Christmas-y that year? What's the deal?

paul walker rip