Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Tis the season.

What's the weirdest, worst poo poo that's happened to you during the season, not just xmas proper. Stories from work or home are fine.

Most of my stories are sadly mundane. This year has been mild.

Today at work, I'm taking my break, and find Boss locking the restrooms up. I inquire about it and she tells me there's a dude that offered a homeless lady $300 for making gently caress in our bathrooms. When that plan went south, he started harassing random women. I had to walk women to their cars until Boss just straight told him to get the gently caress out. Boss is nice, but she has limits. That was fun.

I also had a lady look at me and ask if we were closing right after Boss made the announcement we were. Like, we were standing right together, she heard it, blinked, then asked. I was kind with her, as is my job, and smiled, saying yes apologetically. She seemed surprised and remarked she thought we were 24/7. We have not been 24/7 in 4 goddamned years. Our hours are on the door. gently caress off.

I also had a lady that, for the life of her, could NOT grok the difference between a text file and a goddamned image file. I tried so hard to explain, but I knew if I even breathed the word 'raster' to her, she'd explode.

One year, my uncle argued with me about if George Michael was gay bc my stepdad got my gramma a signed picture, since she loves him greatly. Once it was decided he was, in fact, a big raging queer, Uncle was grumpy. I gently said, "It's ok if he's gay, Grandmomma likes him!" To which he exclaimed: " No it is NOT!"
I let that one go, I was in his house, and it was Xmas. I think it was that year he showed us his collection of KKK stuff, including a weird sword. He's a cop.
:negative:

Coming out will be fun!

Anyway, I bet you guys have better stories! I want to hear them!

It's really late, I'm logging off, but I'll check tomorrow. Better be some weird poo poo in here! That'd be a good Xmas present!

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO STORIES ABOUT BEING BEATEN AS A CHILD. YOUR PAIN IS VALID, BUT THIS THREAD IS FOR WEIRD, NOT MEGA :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

I managed to break my arm last year on my Christmas holidays by falling off a golf buggy. Hadn't touched a drop either.
Trip to the hospital stifles the Christmas period a bit

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
As a kid Father Christmas came to see us as kids. Me Ma' and Da' woke us up at about 11 one night and there was some old guy in red with a big beard on our landing. He just waved, didn't say a word before leaving. As I grew up I just presumed it was my Grandfather who did it to warm the hearts of us wee tots.

Only it wasn't.

As an adult it came up a few years ago and me Da' just laughed and said he remembered that. it was some random guy who just knocked on the door and asked if my parents wanted him to see their kids. And they said yes. Just some stranger at 11 at night knocking on random doors asking to see kids.

The 80s were a different time, I guess.