Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warlocktopus
Aug 19, 2006
Post Post-Modern Man
Long-time lurker here with a charity request. I've posted this to the D&D and PYF charity threads as well, hope this isn't inappropriate to pop onto GBS.

My family's trying to help save the life of a Honduran doctor who needs a kidney. He has a donor but not quite enough scratch for the procedure.

From what I gather he's part of the community my aunt met while she's been teaching in Honduras. Said aunt is a badass who has survived cancer herself.

I'm bad at communicating with this part of my family, but I'd really like to help them out with this. They have no idea that I'm posting about this on a dead gay forum.

I don't know if there's a charity gimmick I could do to help encourage your donations. I could sing? I could post my (horrible, horrible) feet? I could run a weird homebrew D&D game on the TG Discord?

Tell me what I need to do to get you to put this flesh-bean inside this medical man.

GoFundMe Link with further details:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dr-tono-..._cp+share-sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Reading the link makes it look like he needs 20K but the goal is 5K?

Please clarify goon sir.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

This seems like a somewhat unworthy cause to make my kids give up their xmas presents for; anybody got a fast food joint we can rally behind or something?

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
Hasn't he Honduran enough already?

Warlocktopus
Aug 19, 2006
Post Post-Modern Man

tangy yet delightful posted:

Reading the link makes it look like he needs 20K but the goal is 5K?

Please clarify goon sir.

Good question. I'm not sure how my relatives are handling this, so I asked my aunt. Here's the response I got:

So I guess the anxiety I've got runs in the family and they're scared of putting up a big number.

Edit: Additional info from another relative involved:

Warlocktopus fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 24, 2019

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I will donate if the person in that text will eat an actual crow and post the video.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
already maxed out my holiday charity donations buying malware from lowtax

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kurt Loadeater posted:

already maxed out my holiday charity donations buying malware from lowtax

Your gimmick is really tiring and unfunny.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as opposed to say posting liek JEFFK!!!1 while selling malware?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warlocktopus
Aug 19, 2006
Post Post-Modern Man

Xenocides posted:

I will donate if the person in that text will eat an actual crow and post the video.

Google "is crow meat edible": Apparently, yes.

Results for "crow meat for sale" (I don't have a gun):

So one of us could fake-eat a fake-brain (two fakes cancel out, right) or deliberately not crow in the morning?

All human brains are actually crows.