Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Alright, I'm just here to spread the word: everyone should have exactly two kinds of socks, hot weather socks and cold weather socks. That's it. This is my life-hack: all of your socks should match on their own. No one should dig through their laundry to match socks. Pick a brand, and a style, which you like and enjoy, and just go with it. Those are your socks now. You can of course adjust this with time and personal needs. Any two you pick up should match, depending on season.

This is my mission on this planet. I'm here to free everyone from sock slavery. We've moved past this as a society. So this is where this goes:

No one needs novelty socks like you get at Christmas from the well-intentioned and ill-informed people in your life. Yes, I got some weird socks at Christmas, and no, I'm not happy about it. It's a weird gift. It's an imposition. "How about those socks," they'll ask me next Thanksgiving. "They're great," I'll lie, "Very comfortable. Warm. Soft." I know that those socks have been in a landfill for seven months. I won't even donate the novelty socks, because no one should have to suffer through non-standard socks.

I have told people about my sock system, and they will not listen or respect it. They keep buying me one-of socks. What did I get for Christmas this year? More non-standard socks. And they are going in the trash. Where non-standard socks belong.

Standardize socks, and don't give people impositional gifts. These are my thoughts on Christmas, and also socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Socks are the only clothes you need to wear really.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

sure! as long as they are all the same.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why do men's socks come in pairs and not in groups of three?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

sure! as long as they are all the same.

Yeah, cute socks SHOULDNT give anyone a sexual advantage, but yet they do. :shrug:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
I have a drawer of only black socks and a seperate drawer of white socks for when I'm feeling a little silly that day

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Argyle 2020. :jackbud:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

R.L. Stine posted:

I have a drawer of only black socks and a seperate drawer of white socks for when I'm feeling a little silly that day

exactly! this is how it should be. here is someone who has their life together.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Yeah, cute socks SHOULDNT give anyone a sexual advantage, but yet they do. :shrug:

let's assume there is a third category of sexy socks, which is kind of out of my purview. it doesn't pass my personal test for living, but fine. whatever. standard socks, and then sexy socks for degenerates who hate order in their lives.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

let's assume there is a third category of sexy socks, which is kind of out of my purview. it doesn't pass my personal test for living, but fine. whatever. standard socks, and then sexy socks for degenerates who hate order in their lives.

I put on a pair of slut socks and my life fell apart. :cripes:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

These are my cold weather socks since my wife stole all my other pairs and I gotta tell ya...

Holy smacks, they some good rear end cold weather socks, even for up here in the barren north woods of WI.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'll wear thigh highs in the summer and you can't stop me!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Why do I feel more naked when only wearing socks than when wearing nothing at all?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

These are my cold weather socks since my wife stole all my other pairs and I gotta tell ya...

Holy smacks, they some good rear end cold weather socks, even for up here in the barren north woods of WI.

:barf: :jackbud:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
OP I'd never agreed with a post more.

But here you've allowed doubt to enter your mind. You are lost.
You must spend time with your sock drawer in meditation. In its perfection, find truth.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Xaintrailles posted:

You must spend time with your sock drawer in meditation. In its perfection, find truth.

*Meditates extremely hard*

All socks are sexy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I try to make sure the heel & toe patterns match, but the colours are optional.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

goatface posted:

I try to make sure the heel & toe patterns match, but the colours are optional.

im sorry but this is Wrong.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Socks are just little towels you wear on your feet, they deserve no serious contemplation unless they make your nipples hard.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

im sorry but this is Wrong.

Your insistence on matching colours shows you are still enslaved by socks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I just have 1 pair of socks OP. I wear them everyday until I get tired of smelling my feet. Then i get a new pair of socks.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I just have 1 pair of socks OP. I wear them everyday until I get tired of smelling my feet. Then i get a new pair of socks.

I couldn't personally do this, but it seems... sensible. I respect it and it's inline with the Principle.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Ive never been into religion but something about your message has inspired something in me

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
i will happily replace the entire collection of socks between myself and my son(woman does her own laundry, im fine with this and so is she) if someone can recommend a reputable source that doesn't dry rape my wallet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

super sweet best pal posted:

Why do men's socks come in pairs and not in groups of three?

not everybody's circumcised

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I got Chewbacca socks for Christmas :)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm not buying this line of reasoning mainly because you've entirely neglected a key stock category - cock socks for keeping your willie warm

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Alucard posted:

I'm not buying this line of reasoning mainly because you've entirely neglected a key stock category - cock socks for keeping your willie warm

Uh, those are called "vaginas," and the women who own them usually aren't happy about being kept in a chest of drawers when not in use.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate gave me socks for Christmas, I have no complaints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
it’s nice to mix and match so sometimes I mix my mushroom socks with my weed leaf socks while performing brain surgery