Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Low Ki vs. Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi from WK 7. The gifs from that match was my first legitimate exposure to New Japan. Piecemeal watched that entire show over the course of that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

the wrestling moment of the decade was okada cruise 2018

yes yes yes 10000000% yes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

NienNunb posted:

Low Ki vs. Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi from WK 7. The gifs from that match was my first legitimate exposure to New Japan. Piecemeal watched that entire show over the course of that week.

Yes especially Low Ki dressed up like 47. That was the first WK I ever watched

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxm5c2XBcXo

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDBY52OP3Eo

Daryl.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fentry posted:

This was the moment I thought they finally realized what they had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

Surely this meant he would go on to win the Rumble and this would be the best Mania season in memory

This is mine too! I was so excited, and that slooooooooow Yes chant was magnifique!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM

maybe i missed it but I'm pretty sure nobody has posted this and i'm really disappointed

oldest ride, longest line

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

A good moment for the subforum was when a whole bunch of us were exposed to Joshi for the first time thanks to AEW bringing in some great workers to showcase the style.

There was a whole joshi thread I never read until then and I'm sorry I missed out for so long!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The one I think about more than any other is Inoki blowing his lid at a lovely hoss fight, coming ringside with a chair yelling STOP IT! BULLSHIT!, so Luke Gallows takes it home and goes back up the ramp like a man who has had the fear of God instilled in him.

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1141261958194372608

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

Wrestle Kingdom 10, Kazuchika Okada finally beating Tanahashi at the Dome

Absolutely my personal best wrestling moment of the decade. Being there live for it was loving glorious.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Mark Henry’s fake retirement was the most perfect pro wrestling segment of all time, right down to the “no, not Mae Young. Dummy” adlib.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Most important is Okada returning from excursion and getting a shot at Tanahashi after one mediocre Yoshi-Hashi match. Had Gedo bailed on Okada or not shoved him into the spotlight maybe not even Bullet Club is enough to make westerners go nuts over NJPW.

Biggest emotional high is probably DBry WM30.

Funniest unintentional is basically all things Bray Wyatt related.

Funniest intentional is 2 Sweet Gon at Ultimate Party 2019.

Personal favorite live moment is Sami beating Neville for the NXT title. Second is Okada-Tanahashi TL draw in the G1.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Finisher of the Decade has to be the Rainmaker, right? It gave us 3 of the best spots of the decade (maintains wrist control, Kenny collapsing, Shibata eating it). Pretty crazy for such a simple move.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

Finisher of the Decade has to be the Rainmaker, right? It gave us 3 of the best spots of the decade (maintains wrist control, Kenny collapsing, Shibata eating it). Pretty crazy for such a simple move.

I wasnt sold on the Rainmaker the first few times I saw it, but it's a testament to how good Okada is (and also most of the NJPW guys who take it) because its so stiff and snug it always looks like death.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Ryback's epic clothesline
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlbVkhLgycp/?hl=en&taken-by=thebigguyryback22

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
My comedy moment of the decade:

Titus World-SLIDE!

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Karmine posted:

Mark Henry’s fake retirement was the most perfect pro wrestling segment of all time, right down to the “no, not Mae Young. Dummy” adlib.

This seems like 100 years ago, but it’s 2013.

‘I got a lot left in the tank’ is such a perfect moment to cap it off. Hall of Pain Mark had such great in ring trash talk.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

we peaked early this decade because this was in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2U-V2kdMM

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

is pepsi ok posted:

That's my opinion for sure. It can be hit on anyone regardless of size, and has a million ways to counter or extend it, great for drama. Okada vs Marty gave us Rainmaker countered into finger break and Rainmaker countered into umbrella. Vs Kenny also gave us the Too Tired Rainmaker, where the counter was basically Okada is exhausted and did basically no damage with it.

The drama works the other way around too! Something crazy happens and suddenly you realise Okada is hanging onto the wrist!!! Stormbreaker into Rainmaker anyone?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
One big decade wide thing has been the growth of women's wrestling more broadly: in 2010 US women's wrestling was, to be frank, a joke: WWE were in the middle of treating it not at all seriously and outside most indie promotions basically copied them or didn't book women at all: so outside of a handful of all-women promotions or those with more enlightened ownership the opportunities available for women wrestlers were incredibly limited with WWE basically being locked off unless you looked a certain way`; while in Japan you still had promotions dying on a regular basis and while it wasn't quite as bad as a few years earlier it was still in the toilet outside of nostalgia shows and if certain idol wrestlers caught on.

In 2019 you had a women's match main event Wrestlemania with it clearly being the main match on the show for most people (even if they botched the build and added a third person that shouldn't have been there but oh well) and a women's main event isn't really news anymore; on the US Indies you almost always have women on shows - although admittedly the recent obsession with inter gender stuff has led to a slight backslide and often women have to work those since promoters won't book them in anything else - with some of the top indie stars in an admittedly depleted scene. In Japan while there hasn't been like a massive revival in interest and its still small the fact is that you're seeing companies staying in business longer with more people getting into wrestling because the scene can sustain more people now; you have big companies investing in Joshi companies (Cyberagent through DDT/TJPW; Bushiroad through Stardom); there's a legit boom in really really talented young rookie wrestlers in the last few years and the feeling genuinely is that we're set for very exciting things in the next ten years. While there may be bigger individual stories in this decade I think long term this might be one of the main things that the 2010s are remembered for and its a good thing!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bryan ending Mania with the title is by far the top moment for me.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bryan ending Mania with the title is by far the top moment for me.

We should all agree that it was the series finale of wwe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Did anyone mention the WWE releasing the CM Punk Zapruder rear end film yet?

That was peak wrestling in this last decade.