Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

suffix posted:

new app lets you rent by the hour a shopping assistant / coffee date / friend to go to the movies with when you're in town

cities are flooded with idling people lying around on the pavement or leaned up against the nearest tree waiting for their next assignment

doesn't japan already have this?

President Beep posted:

workers will be buried alive at their desks to create floor space for more workers. interred employees will breathe via snorkel.

employees are turned into venerated dreadnaughts without arms or legs; just a worker conciousness sealed into a box with wires in a server rack, able to be switched on and off in eternal agony as the need for a human brain arises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

now a motorized desk on wheels I can get into
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqmWGzK7UM
but with an aeron chair and a keyboard with cherry red switches

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
lmao hell yes

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

President Beep posted:

workers will be buried alive at their desks to create floor space for more workers. interred employees will breathe via snorkel.

thats cool. its like seattle or all the old cities in europe. you can take new hires on a tour to "underground [company]" and talk about the long and storied history of QA or wahtever.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lancemantis posted:

doesn't japan already have this?

employees are turned into venerated dreadnaughts without arms or legs; just a worker conciousness sealed into a box with wires in a server rack, able to be switched on and off in eternal agony as the need for a human brain arises

imagine employees being born without a spine. save money on ripoff "ergonomic" equipment and to save in salary negotiations. its beautiful.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

you have to check out a desk from a central repository then physically move it to your assigned location

ah, the valve model

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
me and the lads at the office

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

President Beep posted:

this looks unnecessarily dangerous

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

Busy day at the Tesla factory I see

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Valve will launch a Steam credit card that will give you an exclusive hat.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Hed posted:

Valve will launch a Steam credit card that will give you an exclusive hat.

this one i can actually believe

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
for real though, how long until google releases a Google Card?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

that would require having a customer service department that actually responded to complaints

federal law is a bitch that way

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

so basically you are gonna need to convince some vc/pe idiot to invest in rodtronics if you want that sweet sweet boomer retirement money

this seems.. highly likely

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that would require having a customer service department that actually responded to complaints

federal law is a bitch that way

google and facebook etc seem like companies that literally have 0 human faces, like if there is a problem, there’s just nothing that can be done

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

google and facebook etc seem like companies that literally have 0 human faces, like if there is a problem, there’s just nothing that can be done

that is in fact the case. even customers who buy their phones from their own web store get no human support whatsoever.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

The Management posted:

i thought they already did?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah here https://techcrunch.com/2019/11/13/google-to-offer-checking-accounts-in-partnership-with-banks-starting-next-year/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this is the predictions thread y'all, not the predictable thread

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

that product never launched, it was idle speculation

probably because it might have required customer service

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

that is in fact the case. even customers who buy their phones from their own web store get no human support whatsoever.

it’s weird but just also accepted because well, what are ya gonna do?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

it’s weird but just also accepted because well, what are ya gonna do?

oh, other people that don’t get support are their cloud customers and people that pay for gsuite. I don’t know about google fi or youtube tv or the android app store or chromebook users. but I’m pretty sure what the answer is.

what are ya gonna do?
step 1: don’t give google money

...I say as I’m about to sign up for YouTube tv

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
tech predictions. streaming services will continue to proliferate. people will begin exchanging chromecasts and fire sticks with their friends to share subscriptions

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
putting in a ticket to verify if any predictions have come true

just keep it in the backlog

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
tech industry will continue to work with educational institutions to churn out masses of cs students in an effort to devalue code touching

the new industry for the aristocracy will actually be feudal land ownership again once sea levels sufficiently rise

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Management posted:

tech predictions. streaming services will continue to proliferate. people will begin exchanging chromecasts and fire sticks with their friends to share subscriptions

the predictable return of piracy this causes will usher in a new era of great riaa public service announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9rT1RHhAQ

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The Management posted:

canceled in 2016

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

of course. I mean when do they release the version after Apple showed them how to do it and they try again?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there will be a new moore’s law

call it echies law

the amount of cores on a processor will double on average every 18 months

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

so who called it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis