Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
At this point I believe they realistically have two choices outside doing something a little out there. They send him to the LA dojo with Ren or they temporarily end his excursion and have him wrestle in Japan.

I am not sure what other countries are running wrestling right now that would be safe enough to send him. It really could not have happened at a worse time for Shota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Return and challenge Kenta for the briefcase at dash :getin:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tweak posted:

Return and challenge Kenta for the briefcase at dash :getin:

STOP PRESENTING AWESOME HYPOTHETICALS THAT WON'T HAPPEN

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I'm rewatching some 2020 highlights in the downtime before WK and Mox vs. Suzuki was even more fun than I remembered. On the other hand, I miss crowds being able to make noise and wrestlers brawling on the outside, and I'm sad we never got the Mox/ZSJ match they set up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What's that? A paper-thin reason to post this video again? Well if you insist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVlGSySQt8

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Minoru Suzuki has some of the greatest facial expressions in wrestling

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

Read along with us freaking out here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908625&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=142

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

On the Shooter front, I just noticed this going back to the BOSJ 26 Finals:

I never get tired of the sheer perfect cinematography that New Japan manages as a matter of course. Those TV Asahi crews don't miss a loving beat, I tell ya. A Young Lion attending to a guy he trained with who's still knocked silly, but keeping a wary eye on the wildman stalking around the ring. It's like they set up Shota/Mox at Dominion in one single shot!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i basically missed all of njpw in 2020 other than select g1 matches and few other joints sprinkled throughout the year but i am ready to resub and get back on the horse in 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

i basically missed all of njpw in 2020 other than select g1 matches and few other joints sprinkled throughout the year but i am ready to resub and get back on the horse in 2021

You probably already know this, but wait till Jan 1st to resubscribe or you'll get charged twice in two days.

Unless of course it's already January 1st in Japan? In which case you should be fine.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It is Jan 1 in Japan but I guess a good idea is to wait until people say the payment for this month has gone through; it hasn’t for me.

It’s a new year friends, let’s enjoy its beginning with our favorite wrestlemans in just a few days!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 1, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a cyborg mug posted:

It is Jan 1 in Japan but I guess a good idea is to wait until people say the payment for this year has gone through; it hasn’t for me.

It’s a new year friends, let’s enjoy its beginning with our favorite wrestlemans in just a few days!

:cheersbird:

So excited for Ibushi winning the title and then destroying the greedy dreams of the detestable Switchblade Jay White :hellyeah:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's 9:41 am on the 1st in japan rn. my card has been charged for january for all japanese streaming services i subscribe to so its safe. will get a wk thread up tomorrow

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah my payment went through not long after my post, probably quite safe to sign up for World now!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Honestly even though the WK cards are diluted this year, I'm stoked to have two days of it. It's hard to get through a day of work so two days of 3 hours of New Japan is going to be bliss.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Despite checking out since the G1, I'm very tempted to take the 4th and 5th off of work to stay up like an idiot and watch WK live.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ganso Bomb posted:

Despite checking out since the G1, I'm very tempted to take the 4th and 5th off of work to stay up like an idiot and watch WK live.

I might do that too. I actually told my team I was thinking about taking off to watch Japanese wrestling and they said I definitely should.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I start back at work at 9am UK time on the 4th. Wrestle Kingdom starts at 7am UK time. I may have to make some choices.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

WFH makes it easier to manage but I’ll probably just be too jazzed by Ibushi winning both nights to fall asleep when I’m, “at work”

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So I've started playing the Yakuza series and I'm aware that the game has quite some NJPW cameos. I'm kind of curious how the deal went between Sega and NJPW/Bushiroad there. I think around the same time Tekken 7 had a NJPW collab as well. (did that lead to SHO playing a lot of Tekken, or is it the other way around)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/AHROOMEE/status/1344980545814446081

Naito and Ibushi read your takes

Schneider Heim posted:

So I've started playing the Yakuza series and I'm aware that the game has quite some NJPW cameos. I'm kind of curious how the deal went between Sega and NJPW/Bushiroad there. I think around the same time Tekken 7 had a NJPW collab as well. (did that lead to SHO playing a lot of Tekken, or is it the other way around)

RGG Studio will just stick anyone in those games. There's a sidequest in 5 where you go fishing with the President of Sushizanmai (the clap thing that YOSHI-HASHI and Goto do is his gimmick) and he makes you a special sushi plate.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yes, trust in ibushi

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I always thought people who hated that match were idiot cowards.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

saki akai made an appearance as a hostess in 6 which was the same one that had a significant mini game based around the new japan roster.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Thauros posted:

saki akai made an appearance as a hostess in 6 which was the same one that had a significant mini game based around the new japan roster.

most of the other platinum hostesses are like irl gravure girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1344887982763884544?s=20

closing this thread with the new year and the opening of the WK/NYD thread. Will get new thread for 2021 open on the 6th