Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Tyler_FYAD posted:

Where can I post that I'm drinking a beer or even a coffee?

You could necro this sadly neglected beer thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898774&pagenumber=4&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

owlhawk911 posted:

oh hell yeah they still make that? i thought it was just a promo thing one year, i haven't seen it around here for a while

It hasn't been in 2 liters after that first year, it's in cans only now which is frustrating and not everyplace carries it. But drat if it does not get me going in the morning. In a pinch Amazon sells it, but you are paying full price and shipping, so that's not ideal.

sig by owlhawk911

BERGfu

beer pal posted:

every time you post on byob theres a little ding and it says thank you for your post in the text to speech voice

I want this to happen

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

everytime you go to byob the aol guy should say "you've got posts!"

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

everytime you go to byob the aol guy should say "you've got posts!"

if you don't already have a custom script doing this you're just not living

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

alnilam posted:

if you don't already have a custom script doing this you're just not living

post the script

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If you have the sound file it shouldn't be that difficult to get it to play each page load using grease monkey. I haven't written a grease monkey script before but I'm sure there's an example of load page do X and another one for play a sound and combining them should be cake.

Now if you want it to only play if you have unread posts in a thread, that's going to require effort and actual experience. I'm sure it's doable though!

sig by owlhawk911

Trying

byob posts are counted in quaternions but too many good men died trying to get that poo poo to display correctly

City of Glompton

I miss jett's script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i liked the posting themes a lot. i think i made a thread a while back reminding everyone that mine was shake it off