Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Viginti Septem posted:

I used blender for a bit a few years ago. But much like cinema4d and 3dsmax, I just don't have the patience for 3D programs. Every couple years I try my hand at it again and just can't find the courage.

I was, however, going to open up AfterEffects and make a very basic-poly something to be funny, like a four-sided pyramid and say it was a very low-poly dog or something but I got an error message that NVIDIA is no longer supporting drivers for my graphics card on Win11. WTF

They drop support for cards that are older than a certain age, some cards are also just re-releases branded as a newer release cycle. There have been cases where a card in a new product line is actually a 4 year old card they still can't get rid of all the stock on.

Unfortunately you probably bought a much older card than you realized.

Also if you plan to mostly do rendering don't forget to switch from the gaming channel to the I think it's called productively channel for the driver. The driver is on a different release schedule and tunes for well making stuff not rendering real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

pixaal posted:

They drop support for cards that are older than a certain age, some cards are also just re-releases branded as a newer release cycle. There have been cases where a card in a new product line is actually a 4 year old card they still can't get rid of all the stock on.

Unfortunately you probably bought a much older card than you realized.

Also if you plan to mostly do rendering don't forget to switch from the gaming channel to the I think it's called productively channel for the driver. The driver is on a different release schedule and tunes for well making stuff not rendering real time.

Studio drivers. Oddly the Adobe help documentations for my driver issue state to do the opposite. They say that the Studio channel drivers are the ones no longer supported and to switch to the Gaming channel.

I'm going to need to look into this more before doing anything. I have a GTX 960.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

pixaal

Quick google looks like you never should have been allowed to install the studio driver for that card, it's not a studio supported card in the first place. 10 months ago: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/452129/geforce-gtx-960-no-studio-driver-available/

That or the person replying isn't reliable. At this point I'd just install the game driver.

Its also a card released in 2015, At some point it isn't going to play the newest game and isn't going to be able to do any of the new features so there's no point in making a newer driver run with it. You just use the last released driver.

It's had a good run. Unless I can't find a new release with that name, Nvidia is known to reuse names all the time.

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

sweet!

I'm gonna post a new low poly animals thread, keep yer eyes peeled! not tonight but maybe tomorrow.

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

lol and i just uninstalled blender yesterday because i hadn't used it in a year and had no motivation to poke around :v:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

biosterous posted:

lol and i just uninstalled blender yesterday because i hadn't used it in a year and had no motivation to poke around :v:

good excuse to get the latest version, it's much bettererer

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Khanstant

pixaal

Taco the sheep! Possibly a turtle with a bleached shell

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

super cool!! love the textures

ty nesamdoom!