Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The circle is the best shape, OP. THE BEST loving SHAPE!

EDIT: :synpa:OMG I AM ON loving FIRE!!!:synpa:

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just finished episode 3 and OP is spot on. There's something refreshing about watching the ran-into-the-ground reality game show format with people who are all A. Really good at making alliances and B. Generally charming and nice.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
ok just watched the first ten minutes of the first new episode and goddamn it i wanted adam to get eliminated. i have no idea why shooby saved him in the previous episode. but at least our joey is safe

Drunk Nerds posted:

I just finished the first episode of the circle and I wish the rules were more clearly outlined. Is the goal to catch the catfish? Is it to survive until the end like every other reality show?

the goal is to survive in the end but they add new players when one gets eliminated so tbqh i have no idea how th ewinner will actually be chosen which is part of the excitement i guess

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

You is Dexter for incels

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Ritznit posted:

The Circle is so dumb and yet so enthralling, I legit can't wait until more episodes come out. Personally I can't help but be all about Chris, he's the hammiest person and I can't help but enjoy his sincere dedication to his ... entire everything.

yeah he's great too. sometimes it seems like only the catfish are actually playing to win, while the non-catfish are genuinely trying to build relationships. but i guess that's also a way to win?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

ok so episode 10 poo poo starts getting real :stare:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Circle already over?? I'm genuinely sad, what the hell.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Well. I guess I have to watch it now

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Can someone do the evangelion opening theme with schoobie, Joey, Sammy, and Rebecca? The circle being Gendo?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

The right person won.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

popewiles posted:

The right person won.

Couldn’t agree more

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
lol my friend did all the music for the circle

baw
Nov 5, 2008

popewiles posted:

The right person won.

:agreed:

it was really refreshing because in the end there wasn't a lot of drama or fights, and everyone gets along and no one is bitter except maybe bill but lol. it is wholesome reality tv which kinda seems like an oxymoron

and despite that, it was still entertaining

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This show is a dystopian nightmare

I love it

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

gbs but from 2004 posted:

lol my friend did all the music for the circle

Tell them I dug the synthwave-y tunes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I kinda felt bad for Seaburn toward the end when things started getting serious and it was obvious that Shubham got his feelings hurt.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mozi posted:

no i'm watching medical police

That poo poo was great

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If I was on this I would have pretended to be an inspirational disabled person. No one would have the balls to vote you off.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It was pretty hilarious when Joey made a real show of connecting with the big girl and then immediately kicked her off

Brad Pitt
Nov 7, 2009

:smugdog::smugdog::smugdog::regd09:
Watched this my wife and loved it, but was ready to be done with the "characters composing and reading messages to each other on the couch" gimmick after 12 episodes. Would still watch another season though. Shooby, Joey, Sammie and Chris were all fantastic and I enjoyed that they seemed genuine and very kind and that helped them in the end. Very chill show for a reality show.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
This show rules so hard that like everyone in my department likes it and these are guys that like super nerd poo poo and would never admit to watching reality tv.

My wife thought it was retarded and wanted to stop after the first episode but they all told me to power through a few episodes and now she loves it and puts it on as soon as I get home so we can watch it

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
It's such a stupid show but I watched the entire thing.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
The whole thing if so disorienting because I don't understand how anyone can have any real feelings at all and yet they seem to genuinely think they're connecting with each other. I guess when you're alone in an apartment for days on end with nothing to do, your limbic system starts to get desperate. By the end of the season I started seeing what the real game was and I wonder if future seasons will be made more complex by the fact that people will have seen this show and have expectations about how things are gonna go.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I had the same thought, if this game is anything like Survivor it will change dramatically. It was interesting that they never give any criteria for what the ranking should be based on. I'll be honest, I didn't think they would announce that a ranking would be the final one, as I thought that would change the strategy too much. But it really didn't.

In the future people will be making much more gameplay based decisions than these guys did. Also so many people seemed to be basing their thought process on 'who is the catfish' when there is literally no advantage to catching one.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Netflix should just go all-in and give the final five their own Jersey Shore knockoff. They seem to have a good chemistry, even in person.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Show was good because a lot of the people seemed genuine and relatable, I know all reality tv is fake so I’m just going to assume these actors hit it out of the park

Not sure the next season will be half as good though tough group of people to follow

Also I hated that gently caress who played Adam, the rape and creep vibes were extremely strong in that dude, wife hated him as well

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I feel like the production wasn't legit with them about what the show was going to be about. They seemed like they thought the show was "find the catfish," and they kept referring to THE catfish with the assumptions that there would be one, and it would probably be only one.

Also, Shubham is an rear end in a top hat. He came in ready to hate everyone. He was also fake as hell and completely oblivious. Literally the scene after he has that big emotional bonding with Sammy (a woman), he gets in touch with Joey to plot about the men combining forces to eliminate the women.

The thing that was the most interesting to me was that everyone endorsed each other's decisions to the point where it seemed socially impermissible to do anything else. "We were really close and then you turned around and eliminated me? Oh that's okay!" "We were super close and you swore you were legit, but you were catfishing and lying the whole time? Oh that's okay!" Like drat. It's okay to say "wow that's not cool"

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Do it ironically posted:

Also I hated that gently caress who played Adam, the rape and creep vibes were extremely strong in that dude, wife hated him as well

A couple of people who got voted out were kind of annoying, but he was the only one my wife and I were actively hoping would lose.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I hear what you’re saying about Shubby, but maybe it’s because I’m an engineer and have had to work with a lot of them, thankfully in management now BUT he just reminds of the stereotypical engineer who is super naive and has only went to school with guys, worked with guys, has little experience (not that it matters we’re all just people) talking to someone not his gender and is socially awkward

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
And assumes all women are Paris Hilton and rants about vapid whores

I mean yes he sure is an engineer, but that's not an excuse as much as it is a reason to avoid him

e:

Do it ironically posted:

just saw this and absolutely couldn't agree more, those vibes were 11/10 disgusting

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Anne Whateley posted:

And assumes all women are Paris Hilton and rants about vapid whores

Oh yeah you’re right I think I have had to deal with so many Shubhams in my life I don’t even blink twice

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

just saw this and absolutely couldn't agree more, those vibes were 11/10 disgusting

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt there. I think he was just not as suave as he thought he could be (which was also his excuse). But I still agree with the sentiment of “gently caress Alex/Adam” based solely on his pants

Those loving pants like what the gently caress Alex

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

timp posted:

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt there. I think he was just not as suave as he thought he could be (which was also his excuse). But I still agree with the sentiment of “gently caress Alex/Adam” based solely on his pants

Those loving pants like what the gently caress Alex

Saying poo poo like 'Who arouses me most' was creepy and gross, but yeah, it seemed like he was trying to play a suave sexy guy while having absolutely zero clue how to do it.

I will say, him meeting Rebecca was a highlight.

It was a stupid show, but it was fun-stupid.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

If I was on this I would have pretended to be an inspirational disabled person. No one would have the balls to vote you off.

lol holy poo poo this would work and when everyone finally meets you itd be a trainwreck

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah it's also really interesting what didn't happen.

Nobody asked if the Seaburn/Rebecca thing was a trans thing, which would be my immediate first hypothesis in that situation.

Also, nobody catfished across racial lines. Did nobody want to or did the production not let them? That would also have been a huge deal

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah it's also really interesting what didn't happen.

Nobody asked if the Seaburn/Rebecca thing was a trans thing, which would be my immediate first hypothesis in that situation.

I definitely got a vibe that the whole thing was an opportunity for him to try and figure out something personal to him. I guess that was true for most of the catfish but it seemed much more intense with him in part because he didn't seem to be consciously aware he was doing it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Joey is best guido

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Ritznit posted:

Tell them I dug the synthwave-y tunes.

Will do. We had a lot of conversations about how to approach the kind of thing they wanted and he made the right call!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Joey is best guido

He's a babe