Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness
This sounds like the best possible way to resolve the situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol I also choose the comedy option.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

If I get to pick my style make me some sort of kickboxer. Even if I don't win I want to kick somebody in the head.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Alternatively you could let everyone choose their fighter from the available roster in current ranking order.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The characters are made except gor HMS and Macksy. Once they both let me know what styke of fight they want I can make the characters and stream on Saturday night like a normal UFC card.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006

Mekchu posted:

The characters are made except gor HMS and Macksy. Once they both let me know what styke of fight they want I can make the characters and stream on Saturday night like a normal UFC card.

Are they all heavyweights?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothing But Hate posted:

Are they all heavyweights?

Why wouldnt they be?

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006

Mekchu posted:

Why wouldnt they be?

I was just wondering. Can’t wait for some epic AI trashweight action

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JFYI Gonna stream the GP finals on my Twitch channel about 25ish hours from this post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My schedule got changed so now the stream is happening in 2 hours from now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stream is live - https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu

I will post the VOD later.

Edit - In the Memento/Mekchu fight, the game froze/freaked out so I had to restart it after 2 rounds. I'm sorry :smith:

Edit 2 - This is what happened.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulBumblingLlamaPJSugar

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 22, 2020

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This was the best idea ever on how to decide this and we are only 1 fight in

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We were talking about basically doing our own Fight Night cards using this and doing a proper fight card (eg. no one night tournament) since the UFC may be delayed longer.

I'd be down for that if people wanna do it. Dunno how we'll do it or if we'll use actual UFC ppl or goon characters or whatever.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 22, 2020

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We have held the first Goonweight GP Finals (Simulated) tournament and people seemed to enjoy it. Thank you for tuning in, and everyone for participating.

VOD - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/572529501

We're gonna do something special for Season 27. Expect the new thread in a day or two.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol the look you chose for my fighter was perfect

That was a fun way to decide things given the situation

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mekchu posted:

We were talking about basically doing our own Fight Night cards using this and doing a proper fight card (eg. no one night tournament) since the UFC may be delayed longer.

I'd be down for that if people wanna do it. Dunno how we'll do it or if we'll use actual UFC ppl or goon characters or whatever.

As a former Goonweight Champion, I demand that I be made into a fighter.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That was a ton of fun and I look forward to our weekly MMA methadone.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mekchu posted:

We have held the first Goonweight GP Finals (Simulated) tournament and people seemed to enjoy it. Thank you for tuning in, and everyone for participating.

VOD - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/572529501

We're gonna do something special for Season 27. Expect the new thread in a day or two.

:hellyeah:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

As a former Goonweight Champion, I demand that I be made into a fighter.

A Goonweight tournament of champions sounds amazing.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
God drat it I missed the live stream, just finished catching up on it now.

A valiant effort from my boy BUTTHATE.

That was a great conclusion to things and even better than I thought it was gonna be. Thanks for organising everything Mekchu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Season 27 thread is up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917928