Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This thread can “byte” my dick! :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Everyday I regret becoming a computer toucher.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dean of Swing posted:

every time I post on the forums I'm all "eurgh oh no, touched a computer again" and I have to head out to the countryside and rub cow poo all over my hands to get the stink off. well, see ya later, going for a drive

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Dean of Swing posted:

Good, you should. Self-flagellation with a bundle of PS 2 cords might be for you. It will not remove your sins but it may lessen the transgression somewhat.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Dean of Swing posted:

My dude, have you heard of coal mining?!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Dean of Swing posted:

Touch them less sensitively then.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why does stack overflow even have a christian forum? Or a D&D one?

I always thought of stack overflow as being first a source for programming questions, then IT/tech questions, and later science/math questions.

Branching out into humanities and sudo(:lol:)-sciences was kinda off their mission statement.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Grandma Panic! posted:

binary is a spectrum

1s can be 0s and 0s can be 1s if you disagree you're a bigot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Every time I see a post like this, I'm reminded of this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDsgkRW2hDA

Bigots just can't keep it bottled up. Gotta get my horrible hot take out or my head will explode!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

UltraRed posted:

I always thought of stack overflow as being first a source for programming questions, then IT/tech questions, and later science/math questions.

Branching out into humanities and sudo(:lol:)-sciences was kinda off their mission statement.

Sudo-sciences, a puzzle where one shoves preconceived notions of what "real" science is into little boxes.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

xcheopis posted:

Sudo-sciences, a puzzle where one shoves preconceived notions of what "real" science is into little boxes.

Sudoku-science, making sure all the boxes line up and fit together

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

xcheopis posted:

Close. It’s actually a technique for posting as Lowtax.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Did we get to the bottom of this mystery, op?

As a matter of fact, we did. It turns out that
*wet fart*

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I was on that site looking at element tree stuff. No drama but too much filler so I went to geeksforgeeks instead.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I just had a snack overflow since I'm lardy.

Am I a racist now? plz halp

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

i think two stories are being conflated. theres the weird christian guy quitting because surprise surprise a christian person is upset about tolerance towards vulnerable minorities and there's the other one where the one moderator just said 'hey is it okay if i avoid accidentally misgendering by not using any gendered phrases at all and just refer to everyone by name which is what i've already been doing anyway' and they got fired for being transphobic which is obviously bs

Yeah this is my reading too so far, I only saw the second one when trying to read the explanations

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol expert sex change

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
Someone help me understand why genders are even being brought up on stack overflow

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Shamino posted:

Someone help me understand why genders are even being brought up on stack overflow

What do you think 1 and 0 represent? Obviously non-binary is very literal

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

ikanreed posted:

What do you think 1 and 0 represent? Obviously non-binary is very literal

just wait until quantum computing becomes a thing; gonna blow their minds

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Shamino posted:

need to figure out which gendered slur they need to use before posting php

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dean of Swing posted:

Lol no you don't.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Fried Watermelon posted:

need to figure out which gendered slur they need to use before posting php

That's dumb. Php is always dicks

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Biohazard posted:

The answer is that it turns out that the internet has just been one big long term relationship that we're all now discovering is pretty toxic, and we're about to break up, stop going on line, and in a few years time we'll realize how much better off we are now, living more wholesome lives, enjoying hobbies, finding really meaningful relationships, and just being better than we all were during this horrible hosed up social experiment.

Like a psyho ex you can’t stay away from, you’ll get a text in the middle of the night “you want to look at some crazy poo poo and get hosed up,” and the temptation will be too much.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Shamino posted:

Exactly

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Shamino posted:

"I need to write some code where the user can enter their gender." +11 upvotes 9 replies

"You can use this code to create a binary box where they can choose from male or female." +22 upvotes 5 replies

"That box won't work because they will need to enter all genders not just two." +4,329 upvotes +4,848 downvotes, 498 replies *Click here to post a reply*

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Applebee123 posted:

"I need to write some code where the user can enter their gender." +11 upvotes 9 replies

"You can use this code to create a binary box where they can choose from male or female." +22 upvotes 5 replies

"That box won't work because they will need to enter all genders not just two." +4,329 upvotes +4,848 downvotes, 498 replies *Click here to post a reply*

That is not even remotely vaguely in the same ballpark similarly close to what actually prompted this are you stupid?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
GroverStack

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
lol at being the person who is a christian in the far future year of 2020 who engages in symbolic ritualistic cannibalism and does special magical chants so their sky god won’t send them to the bad place and thinking “No, it’s the trans people who are weird.”

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Applebee123 posted:

This question has been locked for being controversial. Although there’s a subtle bug on the highest-voted answer which will blow up the application after a year of runtime and you’re only aware of it because it cost you your business please accumulate an additional 4000 internet points by providing answers to obscure questions at 1 point per answer before posting a correction.

jayzlie
Nov 6, 2002

JK Fresco posted:

This is true of most computer toucher workers because deep down they realize it's not a real job

Way to be part of the problem

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The hello please do my homework for me site is a crucial battleground in the culture wars

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

UltraRed posted:

What on earth makes you think there wouldn't be significant overlap between computer touchers and D&D players who require technical clarification on both

And the bible is basically the original D&D sourcebook

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

UltraRed posted:

It's not about overlap. StackExchange is the main site, of which StackOverflow is just one site as are all the other subs. It's no different to having subforums on this site.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Very important information, thank you for posting it.

youre
Dec 30, 2019

Zeta Acosta posted:

Very important information, thank you for posting it.

you peekin stack overflow, bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread is out of content and causing slapfights. Temp close