Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm real upset about how people park and about how people talk about how people park! Also, why do you drive on the parkway and park in the driveway its super hosed up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You seem to have a strange definition of "pearl clutching."

And mildly hyperbolic complaining about people backing into parking spaces would seem perfectly suited to a thread titled "The dude that backs into a parking space."

At this point I'm not sure if you are weirdly dedicated to white knighting for backing into parking spaces or just have an axe to grind with me personally.

In conclusion, backing into parking spaces with no situational or contextual awareness is antisocial and bad and dumb.

lmao chill down and calm out there dorkenheimer you're the one who quoted me to pick some ridiculous nit like it was important

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CaptainSarcastic posted:

People who back in like this need to be punished and shamed.

At my local CostCo today. Trying to get a cart past these idiot fuckers was a challenge. God help someone in a wheelchair or something.

They need to put in some bollards or something to prevent miserable pissants from blocking the protected walkway because they can't loving park properly.

it's 100% acceptable by all standards of manner and good taste to take that hitch off and set it in the truck bed

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Coolguye posted:

lmao chill down and calm out there dorkenheimer you're the one who quoted me to pick some ridiculous nit like it was important

Nice meltdown

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I haven't read any post itt but let me conclude that ultimately , backing into spaces isn't the problem, it's that some people are bad drivers and for some reason can't back into a spot fluidly.

Conversely corduroy pants wearing whinebags driving their inherited grandmother's 01 Corolla (silver) (this is you, OP) - your time really isn't all that valuable to begin with (peep your whip) and that you've conflated the direction somebody would park in with some attempt at masculine posturing

Well, yeah I guess just about most poo poo seems like a flex from a 2 decade old corolla

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

:cawg: Look at this loser who drives a Camry trying to flex

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

naw id drive a Tacoma tho if I had to pick a Toyota

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Statutory Ape posted:

naw id drive a Tacoma tho if I had to pick a Toyota

ok boomer

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
On a related note, can someone from not-north America confirm what I once heard? Specifically, people hanging the front or rear of their car OVER the curb when parking perpendicular to a sidewalk is a North America only behavior by and large?

Like when I park in the front of a parking lot, up against the strip mall's sidewalk for example, it's normal in the usa to just hang the nose or tail of your car over the actual curb or sidewalk a bit. Apparently (and I think I read this on sa ages ago) people in the rest of the world don't do that? Confirm or deny my aging memory for random trivia please.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

im probably younger and definitely prettier than you are lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Statutory Ape posted:

im probably younger and definitely prettier than you are lol

BURNT!

So this dude today was backin' it in but it was in an angled spot and he was in a normal (read: huge) f-150. Cars are coming down the lane and he's like waving people past because he needs to correct his angle into the angled spot.

I'm saying this dude is garbage we can agree on that.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

it doesn't really matter what you drive, if you're bad at it you should be ridiculed or have your license revoked

Cars can be neat but they're also largely tools to me, and as a masshole, that's largely what's driving them as well

What I'm saying is I traded my f150 for a hybrid and miss noise and also seeing over things

Otoh, I don't have to spend time sealing leaks or painting over rust and the only tape I have in my vehicle is Band-Aids so

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
The real pro move is pulling up to the curb in the fire lane and throwing on your hazards.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

BURNT!

So this dude today was backin' it in but it was in an angled spot and he was in a normal (read: huge) f-150. Cars are coming down the lane and he's like waving people past because he needs to correct his angle into the angled spot.

I'm saying this dude is garbage we can agree on that.

fun story but you and I know this absolutley did not happen and you're weaving a narrative in this here thread (:cool:) to support your dubious point

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

On a related note, can someone from not-north America confirm what I once heard? Specifically, people hanging the front or rear of their car OVER the curb when parking perpendicular to a sidewalk is a North America only behavior by and large?

Like when I park in the front of a parking lot, up against the strip mall's sidewalk for example, it's normal in the usa to just hang the nose or tail of your car over the actual curb or sidewalk a bit. Apparently (and I think I read this on sa ages ago) people in the rest of the world don't do that? Confirm or deny my aging memory for random trivia please.

Happens in Norway at least. But we are essentially the closest you get to America on a cultural level in Europe anyway.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Statutory Ape posted:

it doesn't really matter what you drive, if you're bad at it you should be ridiculed or have your license revoked

Cars can be neat but they're also largely tools to me, and as a masshole, that's largely what's driving them as well

What I'm saying is I traded my f150 for a hybrid and miss noise and also seeing over things

Otoh, I don't have to spend time sealing leaks or painting over rust and the only tape I have in my vehicle is Band-Aids so

Massholes aren't allowed to post about the driving habits of anyone, anywhere, ever.

That's goes for Rhode island as well.

I-95 is cancer.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Every time I think this thread might be dead it comes backing up into a parking spot.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

interwhat posted:

The real pro move is pulling up to the curb in the fire lane and throwing on your hazards.

To run inside and buy cigarettes

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

PhotoKirk posted:

Massholes aren't allowed to post about the driving habits of anyone, anywhere, ever.

That's goes for Rhode island as well.

I-95 is cancer.

What % USA population does 95 run through / support

That's a big opinion to have lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Nine Page GBS Flame War About Backing In

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arrhythmia posted:

The Nine Page GBS Flame War About Backing In

And you’re reading it and posting:shrug:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Burt Sexual posted:

And you’re reading it and posting:shrug:

I love it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Almost as much as I love backing in :evilbuddy:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have tinted back and side windows but a clear windshield, so I park whichever way doesn't let people's grubby, prying eyes peer in.

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Dirty Fuckin' Dangles, Boys
I have lived in places where you get ticketed for backing in.

I back my full size sedan in as a way of asserting my dominance and my sovereignty; it smells better than pissing on everything and has less chance of getting me arrested

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

fun story but you and I know this absolutley did not happen and you're weaving a narrative in this here thread (:cool:) to support your dubious point

no dude i swear

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Pixelated posted:

I have lived in places where you get ticketed for backing in.

I back my full size sedan in as a way of asserting my dominance and my sovereignty; it smells better than pissing on everything and has less chance of getting me arrested

the prison stories thread is in ask/tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Statutory Ape posted:

What % USA population does 95 run through / support

That's a big opinion to have lol

Umm a lot? 95 goes along the entire east coast through many major cities, including Boston, NYC, and DC.