Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
smh at how much effort everyone put in even after the OP turned out to be totally not willing to. you all got played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I believe Salvia needs to be heated to extremely high temperature with like a torch to really get much out of it. I find it unlikely anybody could accidentally do salvia unless they’re taking massive torched rips out of a bong, and then it would taste like some of the worst poo poo you’ve ever tasted

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
op should give me a bj tbh tia

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Salvia rules, esp if you're not trying to trip and just mix some in with a regular bowl of weed and play geometry wars in 15 minute increments

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Salvia is pretty nuts. At least it only lasts a short while (in real time, not salvia time). Last time I did some, I got really nervous because I didn't know who my roommates were anymore. They were playing some wii raving rabbids minigame that involved skydiving and it felt like I was being sucked into the tv.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Methanar posted:

It was supposed to have been marijuana, but what it did was not what marijuana was described to have been.

I was suffering from literal psychosis for minimum the next 3 months at least due in part to it.
someone gave you weed from the afterschool special dimension :stare:

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The key to salvia is getting a good high extract. The first time I smoked salvia it was really potent and led to complete dissociation for a few minutes, and I still remember a couple of those trips pretty vividly. Tried it another time and the batch was crappy and it was useless.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Worst case ontario you'll just green out

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Tetramin posted:

I believe Salvia needs to be heated to extremely high temperature with like a torch to really get much out of it. I find it unlikely anybody could accidentally do salvia unless they’re taking massive torched rips out of a bong, and then it would taste like some of the worst poo poo you’ve ever tasted

Nah a regular lighter is fine, the vaporization temp is like 215C which is way lower than burning plant matter.

Thing is it's a lot like DMT in that you metabolize it really fast (but even faster than DMT) so you need a huge rip and to hold it for a long time to get properly high from it. Honestly never gotten the bad taste everybody else says it has. Has less flavor than a bay leaf for me.

It's good, I like it. It'll knock your dick in the dirt no matter how experienced you are, and that's neat.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Salvia is something else. It made the entire world seem like muppets and I felt so heavy. It also felt like a long rear end time. The person watching me said I was just on the ground laughing like a hyena until I sat straight up two minutes later.

It tasted bad

Sad to say you can't get it in Canada at head shops any more. Rip salvia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwS5sPOzb0

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i think if salvia was concentrated enough you could smoke it in a joint and trip off it. but what he's describing isn't like salvia. salvia at least for me was like i tripped insanely and felt i was being transported through space on a reptile space ship for like two minutes.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

He smoked a hellnoid.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

another thing i remember about salvia was that gravity seemed to change angles so i was leaning over and every time i blinked it left a wrinkle in my vision until what i was seeing was like an accordion. it's real weird but it only last for like a minute or something.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hell Yeah posted:

i think if salvia was concentrated enough you could smoke it in a joint and trip off it. but what he's describing isn't like salvia. salvia at least for me was like i tripped insanely and felt i was being transported through space on a reptile space ship for like two minutes.

It’s like folding down under the day and it either peacocks or keeps winding in.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Yeah that's very typical salvia.

I remember my first time with it my couch told me its plan for world domination, I thought I got duped into smoking a hellnoid, keebler elves laughed at me and this was playing https://youtu.be/woPff-Tpkns

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i only smoked salvia a few times but i remember it very vividly, which is weird because i smoke weed and barely eremmeber anything vividly. a different time i smoked salvia with a friend i had a laughing fit and my hand melted into the metal frame of the futon i was sitting on. this was like 20 yrs ago when salvia first came out.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Saint Drogo posted:

this is such a good concept

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Saint Drogo posted:

Methanar posted:

I'm still not well, and its over 14 hours later.

I was trapped in this mental loop. I was spinning around in my office staring at something. It was a slideshow. I kept thinking to myself "no that's not true, because it was ACTUALLY <flashback like of spinning to a different corner of my room> just to continue "no that's not what I was thinking. becuase I was ACTUALLY thinking <flashback to another part of my room>.

I was laying on the floor shaking and thinking to myself "this isn't real. no this is real. I should at least go and get something to drink so my throat doesn't hurt" Then I'd had my slideshow flashback 3 times per second. And still be on the floor thinking to myself I needed to get a glass of water. More flashbacks of doing it, only to end up exactly where I was with the justification if I should just get some water while I'm obviously horrendously trapped and scared. I don't know if I ever did get my water.

I somehow went outside in a t shirt in -30 winds. I don't know how long, but there is a 30 minute gap in what I was writing to myself that it happened in. I remember feeling extremely cold laying on my floor. I kept telling myself that feeling cold meant my previous experiences were real and I wasn't actually in a loop. I later remarked I felt warm, so time was moving forward, even though I couldn't break out of my spinning slideshow

At some point I stopped being able to write how I was feeling, it was clearly bad from the beginning, and just was stuck in my mental loop on the floor/spinning in circles

My mouth was sore from saying the th words 'in no that's not true, because it was ACTUALLY this' because I was stuck there for so long.

puked all over my rug. flipped my cookie box because it was part of the loop and I wanted to convince myself I wasn't actually in a loop because the box would be flipped on me, so I couldn't reach in to grab any more cookies when my throat was already sore.

Forgot that I can speak english. was wondering if I was actually a native german speaker or something because normal english words just sounded so rediculous and had no meaning to me.

I somehow forced myself into bed at some point, which was still bad, but I somehow went to sleep out of exhaustion or confusion. Had horrible nightmares there too.

This doesn't even remotely convey the existential horror nor or accurately describe what happened. Let alone what it did to me for the next several months.

What happened was I was in my office chair and I was seeing the world in a slideshow. I'd turn my chair and be looking at a wall, turn 90 degrees and see a different wall and just repeat. But it wasn't continuous motion, rather discrete scenes that I could not pan within and had no control over the length of time I would see it. All the while having the same conversation to myself what must have been hundreds of times. So many that my lips were becoming painful from the TH sound. But I couldn't stop.

I had stopped time and sitting alone in that dark room with the shadows cast from the streetlight illumination from the adjacent room was all that existed. It was here that I had caused a time loop and for the rest of eternity now everyone was stuck repeating the last 30 seconds. It was my fault to have thought of a logical paradox. Infact, nothing before that 30 second span ever really existed either.

For many months I couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not and whether anything was real. I had nightly extreme nightmares with multiple false awakenings and sleep paralysis. I regularly had dreams about doing work and having meetings become hostile.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 26, 2020

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Everytime I smoke salvia I feel like I got the secret gimmick end to reality and I'm like "whoopsies! Oh man, I fell for it again, gosh dangit! Really fudged this one up!" And then I reload the save and it's back to business as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I had some 100x salvia in college a couple grains of that poo poo and you were gone.