Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I never got first in the final swamp map.

Also the best racer is dapper fishman Clegg Holdfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just remembered the not-Bespin course they had on that short sequence of bonus courses after the main cups. It had the main track without walls suspended above another track with walls for most of the course until the lower one veered off in a much longer route near the end. That was a nightmare :gonk:

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Mordja posted:

Bought and replayed the whole thing and the horrible truth is that Mars Guo is probably not actually very good.

That's not true.

That's impossible!!!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Its working! It's workinggggg!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUH

That's GOTTA hurt

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"The famous writer of Pod-Racer Quarterly himself, Clegg Holdfast, is gonna give the real thing a try today. Hope he can finish the race."

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
:siren:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-classic-star-wars-episode-i-racer-comes-to-nintendo-switch-and-ps4?cmp=smc%7C3227961748

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Wow, that looks like rear end.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Why the gently caress is the texture filtering disabled? :psyduck:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Dave Syndrome posted:

Also, Watto singing the cantina band song in the game menu never got old.

i met one of my best pals in college when he was humming this, complete with watto voice, in a random bathroom stall next to mine on the first day of move-in. ahh, youth

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Doc M posted:

Why the gently caress is the texture filtering disabled? :psyduck:

Oof, wow, finally looked at these screenshots on desktop and that does look terrible. That can't be the final version, even handheld on Switch. I don't remember if Aspyr was involved in the original PC/Mac ports (I had it on Mac), but they've been around long enough that they have to be able to do better than this.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

istewart posted:

Oof, wow, finally looked at these screenshots on desktop and that does look terrible. That can't be the final version, even handheld on Switch. I don't remember if Aspyr was involved in the original PC/Mac ports (I had it on Mac), but they've been around long enough that they have to be able to do better than this.

How were their conversions of the Quake 3 based Jedi Knight games for PS4 / Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkeN8fZ_R3U

Oh good, I managed to get that irritating "accidentally jump back to the start of the map" recorded

Poor Arc Roose, shown up on his own course

There's something oddly serene about falling through the map into the infinite void, although it's usually more common on the Dethro's Revenge/Scrapper's Run/Abyss maps