Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sleeveless posted:

Space Cop is worse than every Star Wars prequel combined. RLM are literally failed film makers who bag on actually popular and successful movies because it makes more money than their lovely joyless intentionally bad movies do, and I'm glad that they seem to resent and actively despise their fans and anyone outside of their misanthropic middle-aged alcoholic bubble.

Regular, happy guy sticks it to the misanthropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I like Re:View because it's mostly them talking about things they like. Videos that are just all about how something sucks and everybody who likes it is a garbage baby idiot just haven't done it for me lately.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Roth posted:

I like Re:View because it's mostly them talking about things they like. Videos that are just all about how something sucks and everybody who likes it is a garbage baby idiot just haven't done it for me lately.

Yeah that's honestly a thing with me lately. Just so much negativity and I'm upset all the time about horrible things happening. I'm pretty tired of it. It'd be nice to watch something with a positive aspect, even if it's just for movies. I haven't watched any RLM in a while but I do love when they poo poo on objectively bad movies like Jack and Jill.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

mallratcal posted:

Someone post the 108 page rebuttal of Mr. Plinkett*

*please don't

Sure here you go

I went through a lot of trouble tracking that down so you better read all of it :colbert:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Space Cop is worse than every Star Wars prequel combined. RLM are literally failed film makers who bag on actually popular and successful movies because it makes more money than their lovely joyless intentionally bad movies do, and I'm glad that they seem to resent and actively despise their fans and anyone outside of their misanthropic middle-aged alcoholic bubble.

On the plus side, Best of the Worst is methadone for people who don't have friends to watch bad movies with I guess.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sleeveless posted:

On the plus side, Best of the Worst is methadone for people who don't have friends to watch bad movies with I guess.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sleeveless posted:

tell us about being such a lovely poster that cined of all places banned you

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I really liked the first Plinkett reviews when they came out. I saw Episode 1 in the theater and I was one of those dumb fanboys (ugh I hate that term) who were super excited. I left the theater a bit confused and honestly thought to myself "I'll just have to watch it in the theater a few more times and then I'll understand it." But I never really did. I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it very much. I REALLY wanted to. The blind fanboy poo poo that they get so invested in something that nothing can be wrong and if it is wrong they'll stick their fingers in their ears and go LALALALA not listening! I'm a bit more level headed than that and just thought "eh, I guess I just don't like it that much. That's unfortunate."

What the Plinkett review did was basically explain to me why I didn't like it. All of the points he made were pretty spot on and while watching the video I was literally going "OHHH that's why I felt this way during this scene." It was pretty eye opening and really helped me understand my own feelings. I really liked them.

I haven't seen anything other that the first 3 but I'm open to watching the episodes on the new movies. I don't have any conflicting opinions about the new ones though, I thought they were ok, so there won't be any epiphanies.

This was my exact experience, honestly. I was a young barely teen when Phantom Menace came out, and I liked it at the time, but as I got older through the next couple of movies things started bothering me that I was too inexperienced to understand and articulate. My first exposure to Star Wars happened with the VHS copies of the original trilogy that were already old, but i wore them out when I was 8. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched the original trilogy, I bugged my mom for it every day that summer. Then the prequels came out, and I think I've seen Clones like three or four times and Revenge of the Sith twice. I never had that insatiable desire to watch it over and over again and I never understood why until Plinkett.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Nucular Carmul posted:

This was my exact experience, honestly. I was a young barely teen when Phantom Menace came out, and I liked it at the time, but as I got older through the next couple of movies things started bothering me that I was too inexperienced to understand and articulate. My first exposure to Star Wars happened with the VHS copies of the original trilogy that were already old, but i wore them out when I was 8. I can't even tell you how many times I've watched the original trilogy, I bugged my mom for it every day that summer. Then the prequels came out, and I think I've seen Clones like three or four times and Revenge of the Sith twice. I never had that insatiable desire to watch it over and over again and I never understood why until Plinkett.

Extremely same experience here.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
As you grow up it's normal to not want to watch movies hundreds of times over and over anymore.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sleeveless posted:

what I'm hearing is that On Cinema At The Cinema is a dark satire of Red Letter Media

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think there's far too great a financial incentive for them to poo poo on Star Wars for me to care about any of their Star Wars reviews past the badly-received positive initial review of TFA.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Mr Plinket comes fourth in the list of best starwars movies to me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fredrik1 posted:

Mr Plinket comes fourth in the list of best starwars movies to me.

:hmmyes:

Mooey Cow posted:

As you grow up it's normal to not want to watch movies hundreds of times over and over anymore.

:wrong:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what I'm hearing is that On Cinema At The Cinema is a dark satire of Red Letter Media

Tim Heidecker is the owner and operations manager of Lightning Fast VCR Repair

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
realpost: the last 2 or 3 Plinkett videos have been bad & i hope if they make more that they're of the Baby's Day Out variety

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Baby's Day Out is the best Plinkett

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

You are my least favorite poster on this forum.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Alien is better than Aliens.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

MonsieurChoc posted:

They’re both outstanding, just depends if you want action or horror.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MonsieurChoc posted:

yes and that's really saying something because Aliens is great

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I just rewatched the TLJ Plinkett and "remember kids: if it sounds like a snake, it's a mistake" absolutely slayed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MonsieurChoc posted:

We all have our opinions and yours is a really good one. However, I prefer aliens because it's a different type of movie and has different elements.

Kaysette posted:

They’re both outstanding, just depends if you want action or horror.

You speak the truth.