Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://store.steampowered.com/app/356500/STAR_WARS_Galactic_Battlegrounds_Saga/

A pretty good Age of Empires 2 reskin. I was really bad at video games as a kid, so I just used cheats all the time to give me a Death Star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
wtf theres a death star in this game? and its smaller than a star destroyer?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Does that work on modern systems? I briefly played this one but there was another around that time that I liked. Can't remember the name but it was a 3D rts.

I still play Empire at War all the time.

edit: it was Force Commander.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kill All Cops posted:

wtf theres a death star in this game? and its smaller than a star destroyer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckgi_NDdlw

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Does that work on modern systems? I briefly played this one but there was another around that time that I liked. Can't remember the name but it was a 3D rts.

I still play Empire at War all the time.

edit: it was Force Commander.

Empire at War is good for space combat. Never tried the Forces of Corruption expansion.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Roth posted:

Empire at War is good for space combat. Never tried the Forces of Corruption expansion.

Eh, FoC is ok. The whole corruption system is kinda dumb but the campaign is ok. I usually just do Galactic Campaigns or whatever the term is where you just pick a side and go.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Forces of Corruption mainly interests me because the crime part of Star Wars is my favorite aspect of the universe.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It mainly interests me because you can strap bombs to Ewoks and force them to suicide bomb your enemy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Galactic Battlegrounds works well enough on modern systems. I've had little issue.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dash Rendar posted:

Galactic Battlegrounds works well enough on modern systems. I've had little issue.

Hmm... I might have to get it. Or throw it on my wishlist and forget about it until it goes on sale for $0.99.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Absolutely worth it for 99cents. The version on Steam and GoG has the Clone Wars expansion. Too. Sadly they never did an expansion for Episode III, but at least you can blow up Gungans and Geonosians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

There's a cool bonus mission where you play as the Trade Federation massacring the Gungans in the plains battle.