Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I know there are many different religions in the Star Wars Universe/galaxy with various creation myths, but do you think G*d exists in Star Wars ?

I think the best evidence in favor of G*d existing in Star Wars is that it is set “in a galaxy far far away” which mean it is in our Universe, or else they would have said in a Universe far far away. That means if we share the universe, G*d also exists in Star Wars unless the “long time ago” predates G*d or He hadn’t reached the requisite power level to be considered G*d of the entire Universe at the time of the events of Star Wars.

What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
yes whenever the force happens its because god did it

qed

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Droids have some sort of god. C-3PO uses the phrase, "Thank the Maker" a couple of times.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Droids have some sort of god. C-3PO uses the phrase, "Thank the Maker" a couple of times.

he is referring to Anakin Skywalker

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

His memory was wiped so he would have no memory of Anakin. It is possible he's referring to HIS maker, but I think in the context in which he uses it, you can also buy into the idea of a droid god.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jose Oquendo posted:

Star Wars and Dragon Age confirmed for same universe

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I guess there’s no real relationship between G*d and robots. It’s transitive at best, so the Maker to a robot is just whoever designed/built them and gave them purpose, whether they know specifically who they are or not. They know their Maker was probably a gently caress-up too, I guess. Pretty easy theology to ascribe to, if you ask me. Plus they could always just go murder their Maker anytime they want.

In a way, the builders of self-aware robots are just lesser versions of the G*d that humanoids would be subservient to.

jokes fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 22, 2020

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

who is Force Christ.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Han Solo says "I'll see you in hell" shortly before leaving Echo Base on his supposed suicide mission to find Luke. If hell is a concept that exists, there must also be some kind of deity that rules over sending people to hell, unless everyone in that universe is just an ultra-pessimist and assumes all people will burn in hell because all people have sinned.

Except that dude who murdered a ton of kids and helped enslave the galaxy while murdering countless others, he gets to be a happy ghost because he said sorry right before he died.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/God

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The F*rc* exists.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Yeah but its not like what you traditionally think of when you think of a god. The jedi stuff originally drew from taoism very heavily, the force is basically a euphemism for the tao before lucas tried to go hard scifi with midichlorians

It's not an entity that has personhood, though.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SaturdayKnight posted:

Han Solo says "I'll see you in hell" shortly before leaving Echo Base on his supposed suicide mission to find Luke. If hell is a concept that exists, there must also be some kind of deity that rules over sending people to hell, unless everyone in that universe is just an ultra-pessimist and assumes all people will burn in hell because all people have sinned.

Except that dude who murdered a ton of kids and helped enslave the galaxy while murdering countless others, he gets to be a happy ghost because he said sorry right before he died.

Very Christian. Checks out.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

As long as you say no homo my bad right after, you can still be on the light side. The force is cool like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It is a strict calculus with far less strict weighting, if SWTOR is anything to go by. Consigning a slave to a lifetime of torment is probably just as bad as killing an evil rival pleading mercy after trying to kill you first.