Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Hay guys

The aftermarket Jardine exhaust on my 06 CBR1000rr is pretty drat loud and I'd like something quieter, but will still flow well. I've had the bike for like 6 years so it's not urgent, but it would be cool to find something less obnoxious.

I put the stock exhaust on it for a track day at Laguna Seca and then kept it on for street commuting for a few months, I didn't like it for a couple reasons. It was way too quiet, (I actually noticed cars not seeing me when lane splitting), sounded like poo poo, and I consistently got 3-4mpg less.

So I'd like a happy medium between stock and loud as gently caress Jardine. Akropovich? Two Bros? I dunno

I would look into something custom, but it's an undertail so it's a lot harder to fit a muffler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Honestly I'd recommend just finding out what's available locally or on eBay in your price bracket and then going on yootoob and seeing how they sound on your bike. There's usually several people who've tried the combination before, and opinion on exhaust note varies wildly.

I personally like how Yoshimura look and sound on a big single.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Take a look at webike Japan . In my experience with other bikes, the Japanese brands tend to be much quieter. They focus on high flow and nice tone, but local restrictions mean they design them quieter. For instance, the over racing exhaust for my Grom sounded amazing but was very moderate in db.

Of course, because physics, the larger the exhaust the quieter it will be. That's why your stock exhaust sounds so timid.