Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Pookah posted:

It's hard to get all het up about Simon Harris, he's just sort of.... there.
Hmm that's Simon Harris alright.

This might get the blood boiling.
https://x.com/ruillebuille/status/1777973764946296992

His twitter profile is also now "Taoiseach (Prime Minister of Ireland)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Marenghi posted:

That's what it says in Bunreacht na hÉireann

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Marenghi posted:

This might get the blood boiling.
https://x.com/ruillebuille/status/1777973764946296992

Even this is not enough, he is just so very very bland than even an extremely stupid and irritating remark like this loses all colour and power coming from him.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

:/

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

What a vaguely unsettling image of the man. :yikes:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
We have creepy Dastmalchian at home.jpeg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
he's a vampire

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and a oval office

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
even for a vampire

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I doubt it'll actually make a dent, but lol that even Blueshirt simps don't like him

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1778198776257376336?t=7zedRSkTpW2ZAdfhMS84LA&s=19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Imagine being the kind of person who thinks "I want a FG leader who desperately wishes he was a member of the Tories. No not that leader, the other leader."

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Nobody is celebrating that we finally have a millennial taoiseach. He may look like he's in his 50s but he's one of us

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
...Leo is a what?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Monica Bellucci posted:

...Leo is a what?

A oval office?

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Monica Bellucci posted:

...Leo is a what?

Oh he checked out weeks ago.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Monica Bellucci posted:

...Leo is a what?

Tiiinnnn roof... Rusted

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Shoehead posted:

Tiiinnnn roof... Rusted

What?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There's a painted sign at the end of the road and it says "15 miles to the Love Shack"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shoehead posted:

Tiiinnnn roof... Rusted

Ive got me a pension that's as big as a whale and I'm about to set saillllllpll

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

breadshaped posted:

he's one of us

no :nono:

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I wonder how much a rock shandy is in the Dáil bar. Probably the same price as one lemonade from the plastic bottle on the counter for the kids everywhere else for one glass club orange and one glass club lemon mixed together knowing them bastards!

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

I need someone to develop a zero sugar cidona knock off as a matter of national urgency

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

TheDoublePivot posted:

I need someone to develop a zero sugar cidona knock off as a matter of national urgency

Zero Sugar Bulmer's. The nation would be hosed!

Could even serve it in a flashk.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mrenda posted:

Zero Sugar Bulmer's. The nation would be hosed!

Could even serve it in a flashk.

20% less sugar! *

* 20% smaller can

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm still incredibly mad that a Dr Pepper is 2.50 now, oh cool I get to pay a sugar tax and then a recycling fee even though I have a recycle bin at home and use it

This is my one thing, I don't drink or smoke, let me have a doctor pepp in peace FGFF

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
It's like 15 cents per can right. How long does it take to scan it in those machines? A minute? That's 9 euro an hour about 3/4 of minimum wage.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

gonadic io posted:

It's like 15 cents per can right. How long does it take to scan it in those machines? A minute? That's 9 euro an hour about 3/4 of minimum wage.

A heap of shops by me added the charge when it was announced and then again officially, pure gouging imo. Also I keep taking my cans and bottles from lunch back (i work next to a centra) and a heap of my cans wont scan because they are too old or its like an italian coke out the euro shop its aggravating

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
2.50 Dr Pepper radicalised me, full Communism now pls

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shoehead posted:

A heap of shops by me added the charge when it was announced and then again officially, pure gouging imo. Also I keep taking my cans and bottles from lunch back (i work next to a centra) and a heap of my cans wont scan because they are too old or its like an italian coke out the euro shop its aggravating

They have a little symbol on them if they're returnable right?

I cba either way, I'll just soak up the tax I suppose

E: also apologies for the Reddit video but this is a genuinely unequivocal stance on Palestine from Harris, good to see it, even coming out as a reedy whisper from his dead-eyed visage

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 18, 2024

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shoehead posted:

That explains the local Daybreak scum owners.
Thought one of my shops there was a bit dear, so looked at the receipt and everything on it was either 'deli - 1.50' or 'deli - 2.50' when most of the items weren't.
Then again, my own fault for knowing they were rip off merchants already. Selling cans of Boost or whatever energy drink that clearly says 1.09 on them, for 1.90.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Failed Imagineer posted:

They have a little symbol on them if they're returnable right?

I cba either way, I'll just soak up the tax I suppose
From what I've heard it's not even a tax, it's just yet another FG outsourcing the job to a company run by a mate from school and them pocketing the money.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Re-turn is a private company. So any uncollected deposits instead of coming back to the exchequer, go into their pockets.
The CEO was supply chain director for Tesco, and it's non-executive director is the managing director of Britvic Ireland, the biggest soft drinks company in the country who produce many Irish brands, as well as being the exclusive producer and distributer for many international brands.

It sounds like a massive scam for the people who create plastic and can waste to profit from, while shifting the burden of recycling from themselves to the consumer. So typical FG.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Avatar post combo? Do FG even qualify as shitlibs anymore?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Marenghi posted:

Re-turn is a private company. So any uncollected deposits instead of coming back to the exchequer, go into their pockets.
The CEO was supply chain director for Tesco, and it's non-executive director is the managing director of Britvic Ireland, the biggest soft drinks company in the country who produce many Irish brands, as well as being the exclusive producer and distributer for many international brands.

It sounds like a massive scam for the people who create plastic and can waste to profit from, while shifting the burden of recycling from themselves to the consumer. So typical FG.
Maybe this was a scheme to get people to return more stuff, cause learning about it has definitely convinced me to return more stuff.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Arquinsiel posted:

Avatar post combo? Do FG even qualify as shitlibs anymore?

They're definitely liberal in the classical economics sense, yeah

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
So I was just thinking, do we actually have halfway serious policies in the work to tackle the fact that we are absolutely loving terrible as a GHG emitter? Like quite literally the worst or second worst in Europe based on certain measurements?

I never see environmental stuff be brought up in any serious capacity but we are just unbelievably bad, I guess nobody wants to poke the bear that is angry farmers, as usual?

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 20, 2024

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yup, exactly that. Can't mess with the dairy industry or they'll take your knees.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
We also voted to extend the use of glyphosates in the EU by another 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
:toot: