Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Ah, neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This is gamechanging for Yuumi. She gets all the benefits without the drawbacks (the damage to your units), and with the 2 free Poros you get at game start she starts out at 1-cost. Goes down to 0-cost if you have a power that also creates units or if you summon a 1-cost or 2-cost unit.

This + Scout relic on Yuumi is fantastic, and if you manage to get Pouty Poro (Tough/Overwhelm/Regen when at least 3 Power) then you get an insanely tanky and Scouty unit that just gets stronger with each turn.

I gave it a go and it does work, yeah. Neat.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shouldn't Elemental Winds work with Crushing Guilt and Phantom Prankster? Because it doesn't with either.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Spells and skills only, not every source of damage.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

oh right, skills are those abilities that show up on the board like spells do.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

In terms of fun and power, what would you recommend for a Shurima champion? Nasus or Kaisa? I also have Taliyah unlocked, but she was mentioned in the thread as really needing her third star.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Rinkles posted:

In terms of fun and power, what would you recommend for a Shurima champion? Nasus or Kaisa? I also have Taliyah unlocked, but she was mentioned in the thread as really needing her third star.

Of those two, definitely Kai'sa. Nasus' deck is built on using Vulnerable to slay enemies, but the units in it are too vulnerable to survive trades and actually get the buffs from his star powers and as you fight harder missions his high-attack low-health units stop being big enough to actually trade well with your opponent. Kai'sa has a solid deck and her focus on keywords adds interesting wrinkles to your decision-making.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I don't have either, but Kaisa seems a lot better and more interesting than Nasus. I focused on unlocking Nidalee and she's both a powerhouse (I lucked into getting a bunch of shards for her when she was at 2*, but even 2* is good) and really fun due to the semi-random levelling guys up into stronger guys power. Reminds me a bit of the online momir vig Magic format, with some extra power scaling built in.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lol I accidentally entered a 3.5 star adventure as level 6 Kaisa but still managed to win the first 2 games

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nid is fun and works with a lot of Relics, plus her best Relic is a common (Lost Chapter, even despite its nerf).

Stats, Rally on Level Up, Transform Supported Ally, Strike Weakest Enemy on Summon, Eat Supported Ally, etc. etc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

this is trolling i can appreciate.

didn't come out in the screenshot, but the ai is stunning the 9/11 without double strike. knocking out the double striker would've given them another turn. yeah it was defeated either way, but i'm still curious how it picks these lines.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is it only seeing the base stats maybe? I've noticed on the fight where it gets the 1 damage slow spell every turn it never counts the damage from kegs when choosing a target.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was not prepared for how nuts Aurelion's second star would be in practice

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Aurelion is just a win button; sometimes you don't want to actually have to do anything to win that weekly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was testing the Star Gem on Yi, when I got the legendary card doubling power. Made for a pretty impressive first showing.

Yi himself feels a bit one note. Games play out pretty similarly between runs.

Also, is there no claim all button for region rewards? I have dozens of those unredeemed rewards.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Rinkles posted:

Also, is there no claim all button for region rewards? I have dozens of those unredeemed rewards.

loving hate going through my prismatic rewards for this reason.

I played Bard for the the 4-star weekly (player shuffles their hand and redraws every turn) AND my first treasure was 'cards you draw this turn cost 1 less' so that was a beautiful fun massacre.

It was actually annoying toward the end waiting for all the chime animations to go off at the start of every turn (plus there's some weird bugs with ghost cards from that).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

don't know if it's still good, but i bought galeforce because i saw it was about to leave the emporium and apparently you can't get it from reliquaries. not sure if i have a champion it's good with

and now the golden spatula is on sale.

sometimes poro-fluft is incredible

Can I get opinions on Runeterra Champions like I did with Shurima? Evelyn seems cool, but I only have 5 of her fragments. Here's are the ones I'm close to unlocking:

Aatrox
Jhin
Poro King
Neeko (only 10 fragments, but I'll just wait an extra day or two if it's worth it).

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 7, 2024

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Can I get opinions on Runeterra Champions like I did with Shurima? Evelyn seems cool, but I only have 5 of her fragments. Here's are the ones I'm close to unlocking:

Aatrox
Jhin
Poro King
Neeko (only 10 fragments, but I'll just wait an extra day or two if it's worth it).

Aatrox is one of the first champions in PoC that actually made playing around an expensive champion worth it. You will almost always have Aatrox in hand when you need him because of how the Darkin champions work, doing things with units equipped with Darkin weapons makes stuff cheaper and fits into your overall strategy, eventually kill them by swinging in with a giant Darkin board.

Jhin is the original Runeterra champ the mode launched with, so I don't really remember how he feels when he isn't at three stars. His general "use a bunch of skills and targeted interaction spells" strategy is really fun, but it's also never quite reliable enough that you won't just get a bad draw and stall out a run every now and then. Everyone wants star levels, but getting star levels on Jhin make him so much easier to use.

Poro King cares about getting a bunch of poros with a broad spread of keywords out and buffing the crap out of the entire board, Neeko cares about quickly tempoing out a series of units with different subtypes and having enough stats in play to run over your opponent. If I remember correctly, they both have the same broad problem: all they really do is put stats in play quickly, and once you hit a wall where those stats aren't bigger than your opponent you just stall out immediately. Pretty sure Poro King reaches that point later, since his powers and deck are about buffing your entire board and Neeko just lets you tempo big cards out sooner, but it feels like it'd still be a problem.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jhin has the added perk of unlocking a unique relic.

I didn’t realize Path used to have battle pass type things that even gave you champions. Guess I started playing at a bad time.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
There hasn’t been a new one in a while, but we usually get a pass for each major content update. They usually include a bunch of shards for each of the new champions along with wild shards and other rewards here and there.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

managed to get to 30 monthly wins. everyone pulled their weight, except for mordekaiser who even at 3 stars (i have RNG to thank for that) is pretty crap. i'm guessing he needs specific relics to shine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does Chemtech Duplicator also work when you have three regular mana + 3 spell mana?

I found out today that when they revamped Path they cut some champions, like Ahri. I’m guessing because pre-2.0 champions didn’t have custom powers and all the extra design work that requires?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Does Chemtech Duplicator also work when you have three regular mana + 3 spell mana?

I found out today that when they revamped Path they cut some champions, like Ahri. I’m guessing because pre-2.0 champions didn’t have custom powers and all the extra design work that requires?

Nope, it specifically requires six mana crystals and not just six mana. It's still incredibly busted on someone like Lux or Veigar who produces a ton of spells and just want to do something incredibly explosive after leveling up their main champion.

And honestly, that was probably one part them wanting to focus on getting a wider variety of champions out and two parts not having a great idea for making a distinct set of star powers that were uniquely on-theme for them. You know, like how it took them a while to add Ekko after PoC 2.0's launch with a created card subtheme to his powers, and the PoC 1.0 champs who still aren't full champions tend to have gimmicks that are hard to implement in a synergistic way in harder PoC missions.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Managed to cheese Lissandra with Leblanc and Elise, just gotta beat it 2 more times now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Between Ashe and Ornn I’m leaning towards Ashe as my first Freljord champ because I don’t like expensive champions.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Between Ashe and Ornn I’m leaning towards Ashe as my first Freljord champ because I don’t like expensive champions.

They buffed Ornn somewhat. He was bottom tier before and he's a little better now. Ashe isn't great, but she's better.

Volibear is actually the best Freljord champ, though. Legit good.

phbr
Jan 6, 2013

The Vegetable of Doom

Megazver posted:

They buffed Ornn somewhat. He was bottom tier before and he's a little better now. Ashe isn't great, but she's better.

Volibear is actually the best Freljord champ, though. Legit good.

Disagree somewhat with this. Volibear farms easier adventures (including ASol), but Ashe really shines in certain harder monthlies and is one of the better champs to S rank Lissandra even without using the super cheesy strategies.

But yes, if it's about your first Freljord champ then Volibear is probably the better choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I didn’t mention Volibear because i only have 5 of it’s shards, as opposed to 20 with Ashe