Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

When Star Wars came out, kids loved it. When the Prequels came out, the kids of the day loved them too.

Do today's children like the sequels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If the toy shelves at Target are any indication, yes.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
From the kids I know, they like them but they don't obsess over them the way they do over video games.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kids like eating boogers what do they know

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
it scares my kid, but she's not too into star wars to begin with

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

they seem pretty down with it, the prequels were still exclusively for nerd kids where I grew up so pushing it mainstream has probably made it more popular/profitable than those. up to a point.

it definitely aint what Disney wanted it to be/pretend it is to them. crawling to fuckin Fortnite for promotion really spoke volumes.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I think it definitely is still pretty big with kids - it can't not be with the sheer might of the marketing machine behind it - but there's definitely not as big as it had been with the original trilogy or prequels - likely because there's so many other things competing for their attention, and franchises like Marvel films are seemingly much more popular.

Interestingly enough I see hardly any star wars toys in my local department stores anymore, not since they went overboard with multiple aisles of poo poo for Force Awakens. Most Star Wars merchandising poo poo I see nowadays seems aimed at adults.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

PittTheElder posted:

When the Prequels came out, the kids of the day loved them too.

Have people finally moved on from the RLM talking point that despite the huge amounts of toys sold, successful cartoon spinoffs, and memes that are being made to this day the prequels weren't actually popular with children? Because if so thank gently caress, men in their 30s bloviating about what they think kids are into is the worst.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
but can kids see the cinnamon swirls of cinnamon toast crunch

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Sleeveless posted:

Have people finally moved on from the RLM talking point that despite the huge amounts of toys sold, successful cartoon spinoffs, and memes that are being made to this day the prequels weren't actually popular with children? Because if so thank gently caress, men in their 30s bloviating about what they think kids are into is the worst.

that wasn't their argument

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Sleeveless posted:

My younger brother loved the prequels, he was a kid at the time. So did his friends. Certainly seems like it was popular with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sleeveless posted:

Bub them 30 year olds were the children they were marketed to.