Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

Which contrasts with the bit in Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars where Bariss builds her saber towards the end of her Padawan Training. Which itself contrasts with how she was already in Attack of the Clones with a lightsaber. I guess you can wind up building your lightsaber more than once.

a lot of Barriss got retconned for The Clone Wars and also these goddamn things get broken a lot in active field use. I'm not sure how many sabers Anakin actually went through on-screen but i distinctly remember an old joke post where Obi-Wan gives Luke Anakin's saber, and then gives him all the broken ones that Anakin had saved because hoarder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It would be pretty rad to have a lightsaber that emitted outside the visible light spectrum, like a UV saber. You could just stand there in a 'ready' stance and your opponent would just walk into the invisible beam like a dumbass.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

It would be pretty rad to have a lightsaber that emitted outside the visible light spectrum, like a UV saber. You could just stand there in a 'ready' stance and your opponent would just walk into the invisible beam like a dumbass.

its over, anakin!! i have the high frequency!!!

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

SlothfulCobra posted:

Some writers try their damnedest to dress it up with rhetoric, but the Dark Side of the force isn't complicated, it's just being an rear end in a top hat and hurting people. The Sith try to do a bunch of rationalization of why being assholes is actually good, but it's all about as dumb as real-life justifications for hurting people are.

Never forget, giving a homeless man five bucks and threatening to murder him are the exact moral equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgfnUPTcAco

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Speaking of those kids, what irresponsible gently caress decided to hand a child a real lightsaber? And blindfold them? Give them a stick!

I guess their teacher is real great in the force, so he can predict when one of them is about to decapitate someone and intervene every ten seconds.

EU decided the colors represent what order you belong to right? Unless you are a special snowflake like Mace Windu. Most of the videogames let you run around with a teal saber or whatever.

In the EU, in the Young Jedi Knights books, Jacen, Jaina, Lowbacca and Tenel Ka all used stun sticks for training purposes before they built their lightsabers.

And then when they did finally build their lightsabers, Tenel Ka half-assed hers, so when she and Jacen were sparring for the first time, hers shorted out during a blade lock and Jacen ended up accidentally cutting off her arm because he was too busy showboating and trying to impress her instead of letting the Force guide him. And then the faulty lightsaber exploded, destroying her severed limb so that it couldn't be reattached. And this was with Luke watching them the whole time. :v:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Luke sucks rear end as a teacher

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But drat if he isn't fine as hell

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

In the EU, in the Young Jedi Knights books, Jacen, Jaina, Lowbacca and Tenel Ka all used stun sticks for training purposes before they built their lightsabers.

And then when they did finally build their lightsabers, Tenel Ka half-assed hers, so when she and Jacen were sparring for the first time, hers shorted out during a blade lock and Jacen ended up accidentally cutting off her arm because he was too busy showboating and trying to impress her instead of letting the Force guide him. And then the faulty lightsaber exploded, destroying her severed limb so that it couldn't be reattached. And this was with Luke watching them the whole time. :v:

When I got my lightsaber at Galaxy's Edge I absolutely did one with a blue blade and rancor tooth pommel in honor of Tenel Ka's fuckup.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

if theres one thing i hope survives this forum i hope its this

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

cuntman.net posted:

if theres one thing i hope survives this forum i hope its this

who was Kreia's VA again

can we get her to voice this line on cameo or whatever the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
KOTOR2 and Last Jedi have basically the same message: