Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinistrahd
Dec 4, 2002

The Protagonist posted:

The real joy of white castle is the uniquely toxic, gnarly farts it gives you. Nothing in this world will give you such vile tube gas, do with this forbidden knowledge what you will

There was a day when all the counter personnel at my workplace all somehow decided on white castle for lunch... Our delivery drivers were in and back out with their next deliveries... like the wind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

The closest one to CA is in AZ. Other than that they are all on the other side of the country. I've been East a number of times but never made it to a White Castle.

I hear they are poo poo.

Good OP, do yourself a favor. It tastes cheap and gross, and after eating a slider you will curse your poor judgment until you expel it from your system.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gianthogweed posted:

There's a fast food joint on Long Island called "All American Hamburger" or something like that. Really good cheap burgers. Love their fries too. It might be my favorite fast food place now that Jack in the Box is gone from this area. I don't think it's a chain though.

Yeah that place is pretty good. What I'm really jealous of that you guys have is Ralphs Italian Ice.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gianthogweed posted:

My favorite is Jack in the Box. When I was a kid there was one walking distance from my house and I used to go all the time. But it closed and now the nearest one is 200 miles away. I'm tempted to make the trip. I love those greasy tacos and their buttery jack burgers. Burger King makes similar boiled tacos now that are almost as good, but I remember the Jack in the Box tacos for their extra greasy goodness. And I don't think any other major fast food place makes butter burgers as good as Jack in the Box.

Mini churros are amazing.

naem
May 29, 2011

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

White castles hamburgers are designed to be put up your rear end that’s why they’re called sliders

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

These are heavenly late night drunk treats.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bird with big dick posted:

White castles hamburgers are designed to be put up your rear end that’s why they’re called sliders

Slide in slide out!!!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
There is a reason why a stoner movie about White Castle was made. It's great when you are stoned or drunk while at the same time good hangover food early in the morning.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Was it BK that did sliders years ago? They had a cutesy name that I can’t remember

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

every time i have been to white castle it was under duress

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The closest White Castle to me growing up was an hour and change away. So of course when I was home on winter break from college, a car full of my high school friends pulled into my driveway, someone shouted “Get in, we’re going on an ADVENTURE!!!”

90 minutes later we were eating White Castle. It wasn’t bad- a little overrated but the onions were nice.

We were about an hour from home when the farts set in. 5 dudes with White Castle farts, in a car, with the windows up because it was brick titties out. That car got hotboxed with a miasma of flatulence. It was hilarious and nauseating in equal measure.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

But I kind of like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it…

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I somehow never did, even when I lived less than 500 miles away from one. Now it just seems like :effort: when I see one while traveling, like it's probably the kind of thing where my window of potential enjoyment both opened and shut during my college years.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I somehow never did, even when I lived less than 500 miles away from one. Now it just seems like :effort: when I see one while traveling, like it's probably the kind of thing where my window of potential enjoyment both opened and shut during my college years.

I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the one with White Castle shits who didn’t
Even make it through the bathroom door

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I grew up with one about 45 minutes away and it was always an occasion to actually eat there. Personally, I think they're about as good as any other fast food burger but I often got the chicken sliders with onion petals. Prices have gone up considerably since the 90s/00s and you can't pop in and get 4 burgers for like $2. They're almost $2 each now, which is insane.

Fun fact: White Castle as a business doesn't believe in taking on debt. Every restaurant built is used from corporate profits and on a per store basis, they are (or were) the most profitable fast food chain in America. They're not everywhere because they have a much slower growth model than most chains.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'll never understand how so many of you get serious stomach problems from eating meat and bread lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when i was a kid we would visit family in ohio every other year and every time we went we had to 1) get white castle, 2) go to COSI, 3) go minigolfing.

now i just order sliders from the pub

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My job bought 300 White Castle burgers on New Years day. There are 30 people in my company.

Management thought it was hilarious that they stood outside the restaurant to place the order as soon as they opened but all I could think about is the poor bastards on White Castle's morning shift just had all their prep for the afternoon blown out with their first order.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
When the new subforum is here we can all post about going to these magical places :yum:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Helen Skelter posted:

My job bought 300 White Castle burgers on New Years day. There are 30 people in my company.

Management thought it was hilarious that they stood outside the restaurant to place the order as soon as they opened but all I could think about is the poor bastards on White Castle's morning shift just had all their prep for the afternoon blown out with their first order.

I hope you have 30 bathrooms.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Helen Skelter posted:

i've never seen a white castle that closes

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You arent missing much OP

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

I've never been to the White Cliffs of Dover but you don't see me making threads about it

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Truck Stop Stall posted:

I've never been to the White Cliffs of Dover but you don't see me making threads about it

You should do it :justpost:

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

maybe tomorrow

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

i think tennessee is the only state that has both Krystal and White Castle.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Was it BK that did sliders years ago? They had a cutesy name that I can’t remember

They were called "Burger Buddies" :haw:

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 30, 2020

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
I've never eaten at White Castle either. I live in the south, though, and the closest is a four hour drive away. My work sent me to New Jersey for a two week training course, and while I could have tried it, it just didn't seem appealing.

As an aside, Wawa loving rules, wish we had that here.

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
it's onion flavored grease soaked into a bun

now how do you feel?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Leonard Ghostal posted:

now how do you feel?

like a million (gassy) dollars, friend

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Leonard Ghostal posted:

now how do you feel?

Hungry

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
This thread made me want to get white castle, so I gave in and got it. Now I'm sitting the toilet posting on the thread that brought me to this state. gently caress you guys very much.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

TELWAY has the best burgers if you are in SE Michigan. They are also sliders but not poo poo tier like WC.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
kinda wish there was a sliders thing on the west coast. inandout comes close but it ain't the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'll never understand how so many of you get serious stomach problems from eating meat and bread lol

Ok but this thread is about white castle and you need some rather loose definitions to qualify what's in their food as either of those