Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/...ngry-gamer.html

quote:

A federal court has pulled the plug on a Pennsylvania man’s claim that his civil rights were violated when he was muted out of an online video game.

The ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit should de-activate the latest lawsuit filed by serial litigator Amro Elansari of Exton.

This time around, Elansari claimed in his largely handwritten lawsuit that Jagex Inc., based in the United Kingdom, and several Chinese firms violated his rights to free speech and due process of law when he was muted out of an unnamed streaming game in March 2019.

Elansari claimed he had 2,000 hours “invested” in the game when he was booted out. Jagex denied his appeal of the muting without telling him why, he contended. As far as damages, he sought “whatever the jury sees fit,” plus de-muting so he could get back into the online action.

U.S. Eastern District Judge Mark A. Kearney allowed Ansari to pursue the case as a pauper, then promptly dismissed the suit on grounds that Elansari hadn’t made any real constitutional claims. That’s when Elansari appealed to the circuit court.

Like Kearney, the circuit judges didn’t buy Elansari’s claim that he had been subjected to illegal “unequal treatment…compared to all other players who are not muted.” Nothing that happened to Elansari in the Jagex dispute equated to a violation of federal anti-discrimination laws, the circuit court found.

This is the second time in two months that the circuit judges have deep-sixed a lawsuit filed by Elansari. In November, they refused to reinstate a case he lodged claiming he was scammed by the Tinder dating app.

As mentioned, not his first rodeo

An excerpt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol

What more is there to even say?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i wonder how tinder scammed that stud
i suspect they were making too much use of his essential fluids free of charge

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

quote:

In 2016, the state Superior Court denied an appeal Elansari filed after he was arrested by Bloomsburg University police for lighting up a marijuana joint in front of several campus cops. Elansari, who was convicted of possessing a small amount of marijuana and fined $100, claimed he was challenging the constitutionality of Pennsylvania’s drug laws.

This guy sounds like every insufferable stoner I ever smoked weed with who would proselytize about how THE MAN was violating their RIGHTS. Like yeah I agree but just shut the gently caress up for a second you're 2 weeks late on the rent BRIAN.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

OH JFC there's a comment section that somehow manages to be worse than the star of the article.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Next thing he’ll be suing Lowtax because we made fun of him

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I demand this Runescape player's rights for myself

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Chrs posted:

Next thing he’ll be suing Lowtax because we made fun of him

That's ambiguous.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I demand this Runescape player's rights for myself

the wilderness is right there, buddy, take em if you can

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
He should have just pointed out that the judge's skillcape had gold trim.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
this bitch, rear end-loving, oval office-judge

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
who the chinese and vietkong would simply SHRED

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Let’s introduce him to Drunk Nerds’ stalker, maybe they will make a connection over their shared hatred of salty bitches and being told “no”.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

A Tasteful Nude posted:

who the chinese and vietkong would simply SHRED

she has the loving; audacity

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

suck my dick you fuckman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the next time a mod tries to hit me with a sixer, I'm demanding trial by combat. I took an lsat prep test an I know my rites