Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Popete posted:

So is there an issue with certification holding up patches? Sounds like something was in the work for early this week but I haven't seen anything.

I saw someone ask if there were more than 2 planets in the game which I believe a dev responded that there were not. Are there plans for more in the future? How many are envisioned?

Every time we want to update the game there's a lengthy process.

Our publisher expects it to go through their third party QA, which is based in India :rolleyes:, so there's at least a two day turnaround between them testing the game and sending us the results.

Xbox updates have to be "certified" which takes anything from 2 days to a week.

If you haven't told already, porting and having to deal with some third party Russian porting house all up in our poo poo is a gigantic loving headache and if it were up to me I'd never deal with this poo poo again. It just isn't worth it.

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Game got a lot better after the last round of patches, at least on Steam.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'm finally getting a Windows computer for gaming. Are you guys happy with where the patches have gotten things, at least as far as the Steam version? Are the additional planets and such still coming along? I'd love to pick this up, as long as the premature release didn't kill the project momentum.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There hasn't been a patch since June (beta patch in July) just after launch. They put out a Steam post about what they have been working on last week no date on when it'll be out.

I haven't really touched it since launch, kinda just waiting to see where it goes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is there much to do in the game? Some of the reviews make it sound like it should really be in EA.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Popete posted:

There hasn't been a patch since June (beta patch in July) just after launch. They put out a Steam post about what they have been working on last week no date on when it'll be out.

I haven't really touched it since launch, kinda just waiting to see where it goes.

I know it looks bad, trust me we aren't just doing nothing. Because of console commitments there's a lot of red tape and we have to wait for them to catch up before we're allowed to update the Steam version. If there's one thing I've learned from this it's that committing to simultaneous console releases isn't worth it and you shouldn't let yourself be talked into it.

That said if you want to access the latest content it's on the prerelease branch by entering the code "prereleasetest" on the Beta tab in Steam.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Good to hear, I enjoyed the bit I played but am really holding out for more content and fixing the AI.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I see a ton of potential and I still have it installed on my computer, but I'm going to hold off longer for fixes and polish. Good luck.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rhopunzel posted:

I know it looks bad, trust me we aren't just doing nothing. Because of console commitments there's a lot of red tape and we have to wait for them to catch up before we're allowed to update the Steam version. If there's one thing I've learned from this it's that committing to simultaneous console releases isn't worth it and you shouldn't let yourself be talked into it.

That said if you want to access the latest content it's on the prerelease branch by entering the code "prereleasetest" on the Beta tab in Steam.

That console situation sucks, I’m sorry to hear it. I’ll try to remember to check out the prerelease. Good luck!

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
I abandoned Twitter and got laid off. as a result I totally missed the launch of this. time to fix that and buy this immediately.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Please hop on prerelease (hint: the real version of the game) and give us your feedback! It's vastly different from release

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought your dang game. Hope I can push it out of Mixed ranking.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I bought your dang game. Hope I can push it out of Mixed ranking.

We really got boned by the game having those bugs at release.

For months we had the game polished and working perfectly, and we had to take a sledgehammer to it so the porting team would be able to make release. That introduced those bugs, which somehow got past QA and ended up getting launched with. We had the fix done pretty much instantly, but they wanted it to go through their QA and on consoles too, which meant waiting for it to get certified. So in the meantime the negative reviews just piled up and word started spreading about the game being broken :sigh:

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.
I am giving y'all the benefit of the doubt and picking this up. The possibility of unfucked Starbound is worth 15$ to me.

alyandon
Dec 9, 2001
Poster of the Month for July!
Fun Shoe

Gyrotica posted:

I am giving y'all the benefit of the doubt and picking this up. The possibility of unfucked Starbound is worth 15$ to me.

Same. I'll definitely throw $15 at a goon made game that might turn out to be a better Starbound even if it never goes anywhere.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Goon project is on sale on Steam for $8 and change, if you followed this thread but have been sitting on the fence about buying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Are there any plans on increasing the resolution on the graphics? On ultrawide screen the illegibility of the text and fuzziness on the icons is actively hampering the gameplay.