Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
When they buy an account on the “somethingawful forums”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Anyone who uses the term "MAP"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had a friend who was struggling in a breakup around the same time as me. She would get drunk or stoned and text me or call me at like 3 AM like “I’m gonna loving kill myself!” and the 2nd time I was like “if you do this again we can’t be friends anymore, I’m not a shrink or a doctor or anything I’m just like a guy you know” and she apologized and then did the exact same thing 3 days later so I blocked her and I hope she didn’t kill herself.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

JK Fresco posted:

Anyone who uses the term "MAP"

Wish I hadn't googled that

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Burt Sexual posted:

Yeah that came off wrong. Pick, don’t joke about killing yourself, it will freak people out and make them feel bad if you do. Apologies.

When was the last time she made a joke like that?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I'd stop being friends with them when they've demonstrated any of the myriad of personality disorders you have.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Relayer posted:

after the 3rd or 4th time they try to poison me

Who would want to associate with someone that incompetent?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Spazzle posted:

Who would want to associate with someone that incompetent?

Some goons never learn, you know

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Destructive behaviour to everyone around them and severe drug addiction. If someone does something to someone else that ruins their life, and did it over petty and immature reasons, that is enough for me to back off. I had a friend who everyone thought he behaved the way he did because he was an eccentric and it was his personality, but after a year it finally dawned that he was *hosed up*. I couldn't continue to be with him after he was being a racist piece of poo poo to a co-worker who was performing better than him at work and went around to the other white patrons trying to frame him for dealing drugs behind the counter, just to save his own worthless rear end. It got really bad to where I hanged out with the co-worker instead after that tirade. He was involved with a special-interest group in politics and was protected from most of the consequences he should have faced, otherwise I would have no doubt he would be in prison by now. He was always high on acid, opioids, or coke and he destroyed any good will he had with me when he lied about his co-worker thing to my face. He was married in a polyamourous relationship and fathered children with other women he slept with and then promptly abandoned them mid-way through the pregnancy.

This has actually happened with two people I knew in my life, but at least the first guy didn't father any unwanted kids.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I wouldn't keep a spreadsheet or nothing, but when the drawbacks outweigh the positives or they cross whatever major boundaries you have? I guess I've always thought of it like the three strikes rule, but some poo poo's an immediate out like loving my girlfriend behind my back.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Basically anyone that wants to be friends with me is probably too crazy to be my friend

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I guess I would say that it depends, OP

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i have so much content for this thread, but the people who've been too crazy to be my friends are also the ones most likely to be secret goons and i don't want to break anybody's heart :(

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Breaking point... hmmmm.

So last year I met a friend (Let's say, Aay) who I hooked up with a couple of times, her house situation wasn't great. I thought it was an ok friendship, and she didn't show any red flags or anything. Her house situation turned for the worse and there was the risk of homelessness, so I put her in touch with a very close friend of mine (let's call them Bee) who lived in the same area, who I knew would be happy to accomodate her. Three weeks or months later Aay sends Bee some... incredibly violating and sexually charged messages, and tries to phone them, and a bunch of other stuff (Bee has some problems with phone calls and it can be a panic attack thing). Bee contacted me and told me that she had a panic attack about the phone call, so I contact Aay to ask her to ask first, and... Aay blew up, complete meltdown, started accusing me of a bunch of things, started accusing my friend of a bunch of things (That I, outright knew weren't true), started insulting me, my friend, calling us all the names under the sun, telling me that she'd turn my friend against me (ha! fat chance). I understood it was a meltdown at the time but wasn't happy with the things she said. I'm not really a stranger to doing stupid poo poo because of mental health problems, so I gave her 10 or so chances to apologise, and she didn't, so I cut her off.

I'm ok with people insulting me, but jesus christ after when your head has clearned at least have the basic decency to own up to those and apologise.

Anyway I found out only the other day about all of the violating poo poo Aay sent to Bee, at the time I only knew about the phone call thing :shudder:

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 3, 2020

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I learned an important lesson last night. Never talk to the lonely dude at the bar. They are too crazy to be friendly to, even for a limited night of drinking.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I learned an important lesson last night. Never talk to the lonely dude at the bar. They are too crazy to be friendly to, even for a limited night of drinking.

that seems unfair. what if they just moved from somewhere else?

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

pepsi lover posted:

that seems unfair. what if they just moved from somewhere else?

You are more than welcome to try, but I don't think I'll chance it next time. It'll become apparent very quickly why they're forced to drink alone.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

You are more than welcome to try, but I don't think I'll chance it next time. It'll become apparent very quickly why they're forced to drink alone.

what was the reason when you tried?

Also, am I misunderstanding your post or were you also alone?

pepsi lover fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 3, 2020

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
For one thing, the dude wasn't very susceptible when I started making small talk with him, but then he started to open up way too much. Also, he seemed a little too preoccupied judging some lady patrons over at another table, and he was just generally a real downer.

I've had good conversations with strangers at a bar before, but this guy just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. He was probably dealing with his own poo poo, and a little to intoxicated, but it just wasn't making for a good time for me.

E: I was by myself too, which I definitely won't be doing again either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dudes who try to pretend they're writing at a bar

Just stop it. You're not bukowski bro