Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I know what it takes to run a winning campaign. Many people have urged me to run. Some have told me that to win the Democratic nomination, I would need to change my views to match the polls, particularly after my recent statements described as "menacing" on a CNN panel about GLADIO stay-behind networks and my alleged declaration that other guests "know who they are," prompting what the New York Times described as a "security response" and a halt to the broadcast as I allegedly shouted "get your drat hands off me."

But I’ve been hearing accusations like that my whole political career. And the fault for yesterday's events lies clearly on the president. If he hadn't normalized this sort of incompetence, I wouldn't have said what I said, if I indeed said it. Donald Trump emboldened the worst in me, then he exacerbated that very emboldenment, and then he emboldened that very exacerbation. This would call for an internal investigation into my staff, who may be responsible, if I had a staff, which I do not -- which is a prerequisite for running for president.

The possibility that I could become president and thus America's political strongman, of which I could be, and at the same serving as a professional bass guitar player -- which I am -- who can play the strings like I could play the political winds blowing through our great country, is narrowing by the day owing to the lack of substantial political infrastructure. However, I would build physical infrastructure on vast scale like the great leaders of the 20th century such as Marshal Tito and Saddam Hussein, but fusing it with Djent songs on a tasty bass that slaps, creating an ecstatic synthesis of absolute power and worldwide progressive metal superstardom -- and purging rivals with the same improvisational megalomania that I regularly employ to dominate concert venues from Oregon to Virginia.

I know we can do better as a country. And I believe I would defeat Donald Trump in a general election. But I am clear-eyed about the difficulty of winning the Democratic nomination in such a crowded field. This may seem wishy-washy, perhaps even Shermanesque. But I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected. I want to make it absolutely clear: I never have been and never will be a candidate for president; that if nominated by either party, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should decline to serve.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'd vote for ya

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I will be the first goon first lady

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think you're a pretty good poster op. goon luck

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
Bernie/Grimace 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

farewell.................

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

You're welcome.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
borat

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
would absolutely vote for brutes

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As a Xaositect I pledge to repeal not only the laws of man, but the laws of nature.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

First purple president?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Bump

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

jesus christ the zipper on my pants broke and my weiner was just flopping around

luckily everyone was at lunch

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I would take an actual brutalist McDonald's building over Biden or pretty much any significant politician honestly.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
oh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'm not even sure I'm not the President right now are you all just afraid to tell me? You can tell me