Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TelevisedInsanity posted:

what is the best dominos pizza crust, i like the pan pizza medium, but sometimes i go brooklyn large

The Brooklyn was great. It only comes in large or extra large though so that's a bit much. I was in NYC in 2016 I think and wanted to get actual NY pizza but looked around and didn't see any so we went into a place that didn't have it but still had pizza by the slice. It was a bit more upscale stuff. I walked out and across the street there was a dude lifting up the giant slice of pizza that I really wanted. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Italian, nice and thin, but not overcooked like the Thin And Crispy one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mycroft Holmes posted:

around here we have Jets Pizza and it's pretty good.

Oh man I forgot about Jet's, they showed up the last place I lived about a year before I moved out of state. As far as that deep dish grease/cheese extravaganza they were really good. Haven't seen one since, now I'm sad. :sigh:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Jet's is pretty good. It's the closest to the old school Pizza Hut deep dish that I can find. God, I miss 90's era Pizza Hut.

Last week I got pizza twice. I discovered Roma's double suicide pepperoni pizza and holy poo poo it's awesome. It's pepperoni under and above the crust with extra cheese and it is absolutely delicious.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

In high school, I worked at Jet's Pizza because I knew I would never ever get tired of it. I never did.

When I first got married, the Jet's in our town was run by some insane fundies who I refused to support, so I found this extremely local chain called Red Devil that had okay pizza, but amazing garlic-cheese dipping sauce.

Now I live in the land of Green Lantern and their pizza is loving great. The location closest to me is on the main road bordering my neighborhood.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh we have a pizza place by me that delivers until like 4am and is run by total stoners.

they used to be called Pizzallica but they renamed to Hippie's Pizza. their customer service is atrocious, the gently caress up your order constantly, every time you walk in there its a cloud of weed smoke and a white dude with dreadlocks and a rastafarian hat just goes "duuuuude". i once ordered a small and they told me "sorry we're out of small boxes, all we have is extra large" so they were putting every pizza they had in extra large boxes.

but when they hit, it's loving on. they have some really good specialty pizzas like this one with goat cheese, chili flakes and honey with a white sauce that is outrageous.

oh yeah, i guess it's not technically fast food because despite their low volume of business, it takes about 2-3 hours to get anything delivered.
Hippies Pizza is okay, something in their crust reminded me a lot of a flavor Papa Johns' pizzas that I don't care for. The fact that they have vegan cheese made them a pizzeria of choice after Mrs. Doctor developed a milk allergy in her 30's but we've since given up on them.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Nth Doctor posted:

Hippies Pizza is okay, something in their crust reminded me a lot of a flavor Papa Johns' pizzas that I don't care for. The fact that they have vegan cheese made them a pizzeria of choice after Mrs. Doctor developed a milk allergy in her 30's but we've since given up on them.

:ohdear: having adult onset lactose intolerance scares me more than coronavirus. That sucks!!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

tetsuo posted:

:ohdear: having adult onset lactose intolerance scares me more than coronavirus. That sucks!!

It does, and worse: it isn't lactose intolerance. It's a legit immune system reaction like a peanut allergy (though nowhere near as severe in her case). With lactose intolerance, you can presumably pop a lactaid and be good.
We had to toss more than half of our cookbook due to cheese content.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

In these times of sitting around at home, I've been taking a virtual contactless refresher tour of my local pizza options. Mr Jim's is still the winner, they're kind of weirdly spread out in various states, but I like them way better than any of the big national chains. And they've got a .pizza web domain, what more could you want?

e: because it's both important and relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpvT-Fciu-4

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 10, 2020

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

The only thing I actually like about Papa John's is the unique taste of the crust. I have never admitted this to anyone before, but I like it best the next day and sort of hard and when you've already eaten 98% of the pizza so that it's sort of like gnawing on a rawhide pizza flavored chew but for people. Just hard bread with bits of sauce or cheese still clinging.

This is probably because I was a semi-feral child who more than once just had leftover Papa John's pizza crusts as my only breakfast option. I haven't actually done this since I was 13 or so.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Captain Hygiene posted:

e: because it's both important and relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpvT-Fciu-4

In my well considered and professional opinion: only a psychopath would toss out the dough then prick it with a fork. :colbert:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got two dominos pan style pizzas today cause they do 50% on mondays it rules

one was triple cheese triple pepperoni and i got the most amount of pepperoni ive ever seen on a pizza lol. you could stop a bullet with all that pep and ched.

the other one was also a pan pizza but i did the garlic parm white sauce and double bacon, baby spinach, and tomato and parmesan cheese too.

both pizzas were hefty bois and i got full after 4 slices but had one more for good measure.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 21, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is that deal valid with delivery?

Stupid dominos near me just cut pickup orders entirely, and I usually buy cheap enough stuff delivery doubles the price.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

yep they still do the deal

so i ordered two pizza on monday and have lots of leftovers and today work ordered dominos for everyone

gonna have pizza every single day this week :madmax:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Earlier someone posted about the old Pizza Hut pan pizza crust. Thick, buttery, delicious. Why in the ever loving gently caress did they change it for the worst.

Around here, I have the major chains, and out of all of them, I go with Little Caesars. Cheap and the deep dish isn’t half bad. Thankfully there’s a real pizza joint down the street.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Little Caesars deep dish is way, WAY better than it has any right to be.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Little Caesars uses the proceeds from having actual decent deep dish pizza to subsidize their cheaper hot & ready option, which is often neither hot nor ready

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Calm down folks even the Little Ceasars deep dish is mediocre at best. Better than the hot and ready for sure but that isn't saying much.

That said, anyone remember this poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQBan9MOy60

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg4FzuBNvdE

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm pretty sure I can eat pizza anytime even when not in bagel form.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I tried bagel bites on a whim a while back to see if they were at all like I remembered, and those things are nasty. Like "old ketchup on plywood" bad. I wouldn't take one for free, a bar even the worst Hot & Ready clears.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

I tried bagel bites on a whim a while back to see if they were at all like I remembered, and those things are nasty. Like "old ketchup on plywood" bad. I wouldn't take one for free, a bar even the worst Hot & Ready clears.

Children have no taste and an endless capacity for garbage food.

Strongly recommend making your own though... ideally on those costco cheese bagels.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I did the same thing, completely inedible.

It might be a case of being a dumbass kid or slashing the quality of the ingredients as much as humanly possible after brand recognition was achieved.

I'd guess a little of both.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Lil Caesar thin crust is my jam and I don't usually like thin crust.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

Strongly recommend making your own though... ideally on those costco cheese bagels.

If you’re gonna do it this is how to do it. English muffins are also an acceptable substrate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly I would expect that any reasonable combo of bread/pizza sauce/cheese would be tasty, or at least edible, but leave it to Bagel Bites to cheap out and create the exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

The best thing about Bagel Bites is buying the big box and reading the back. It's "not recommended" cooking 18 of them. Like, what's the point if you're not doing the whole box, lol.

Yeah, they're pretty awful but by the time I'm cramming as many Bagel Bites as will fit into the oven/microwave, I don't care anymore.