Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

it's back! byob and banner ads go together like peaches and cream, like gin and tonic, like dogs and owls

post your banner ad concepts here and maybe people will buy them to help keep this dead gay forum equally gay but only mostly dead

remember, banners must be no larger than 40kB in size, exactly 468x60 pixels, and only GIF, PNG, or JPG file types are allowed. PLEASE KEEP THEM WORK SAFE!

to get things rolling, here are a few I created recently in other threads

featuring our newly appropriated mascot, rollingcat:

variations on a theme using artwork from byob wizard Godspeed John Glenn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Have them swap places and flashing text that says "Click the bluest smurf for a chance to win a free iPod!"

pixaal posted:

Congratulations, you have been selected to win a FREE iPod nano! Click the banner to get started! (which one? There's 12 talking banners right here)

CLICK HERE FOR ANIMATED CURSORS! Sweet I love my smurf cursor. When it's thinking it turns into Papa Smurf!

Nosfereefer posted:

banner idea (not necessarily connected to smurfs): those "click here to download" pop-ups from shady downloading mirrors

Nosfereefer posted:

"click here to post"

with various designs to trick other forums to post here (and also give them virus)

banner concepts from other threads, have at them if you'd like

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

banner ads, boner ads

rolling cat is good and i like the smurf one with byob in the back myself

Goons Are Gifts

I wanted to pm you about having another banner thread, but you already did it!

Since so far most of my art endeavors have been a catastrophe, as usual, I'll, buy myself through most of ads posted here. So please be motivated to make one, there is a pretty much 100% chance that it will be visible!!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Does anyone have a link to the last thread. Some banner ads I've made were pretty cool and I wouldn't mind them coming back.

Goons Are Gifts

Of course!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888163

Feel free to repost or redesign anything from there or get inspired!!

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Ack I think the ones I made were for an even older thread I have to look for it

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

the other ad I wanted is lost because puush sucks but it might exist hosted on the forums

e: it was the "i hope u are having a good day" one

Putty fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 5, 2020

alnilam

This is an old one but does anyone have the spaceship one with
new posting worlds --->
your exciting future
|
V

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps' AV but the ad promises "Screaming deals at BYOB"

Goons Are Gifts

Going live now

edit: in a few hours, I forgot about the date thing

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

Going live now

edit: in a few hours, I forgot about the date thing

:peanut:

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

doing god's work gag

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

biosterous

i keep glancing at this thread title and misreading it as "byob boner ads"

click here to expand your chill without surgery or pumps!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

FluffieDuckie

I SAW ONE I SAW ONE

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FluffieDuckie posted:

I SAW ONE I SAW ONE

i saw the rolly cat

Yinlock

the cat should be one of those old shooting game banner ads except it's a hand instead of a gun

pet the cat for PRIZES

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 6, 2020

FluffieDuckie

Yinlock posted:

the cat should be one of those old shooting game banner ads except it's a hand instead of a gun

pet the cat for PRIZES

alnilam

Yinlock posted:

pet the cat for PRIZES

lol this

wearing a lampshade

to boldly advertise where no 'yob has advertised before

wearing a lampshade

Yinlock posted:

pet the cat for PRIZES

Goons Are Gifts

If we can make this happen for real I'd buy it for like, I dunno, three months immediately

Manifisto

post an example of what it should look like and maybe I can make it happen

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

Yinlock posted:

pet the cat for PRIZES

hah this is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

This got kinda buried beneath the harry potter threads, bumping it back into relevance. Currently there are two ads in rotation, I feel like this could by far be more!