Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I have four different brands of canned chili in my cupboard. My normal grocery doesn't carry skyline but apparently one of them nearby does (?) I will have to add one to the collection.

I keep buying them because I really want to be able to just have a bowl of chili, but I know I'm not going to be able to decant one without thinking of dogfood and probably losing my appetite, so they never get opened.

Also I've never had Skyline so that one I will definitely open and do with spaghetti and all the other bullshit :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I live in Cincinnati, I'd offer to send Skyline to people, but I'm pretty sure that counts as domestic terrorism.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TheAardvark posted:

I have four different brands of canned chili in my cupboard. My normal grocery doesn't carry skyline but apparently one of them nearby does (?) I will have to add one to the collection.

I keep buying them because I really want to be able to just have a bowl of chili, but I know I'm not going to be able to decant one without thinking of dogfood and probably losing my appetite, so they never get opened.

Also I've never had Skyline so that one I will definitely open and do with spaghetti and all the other bullshit :hai:

Its not chili. Its greek bolognese sauce everyone insists on calling chili

sports
Sep 1, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

more likely moldovan/macedonian/romanian

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

And it's loving awful. My in-laws are from the Kentucky side of the river, so my wife insists on subjecting me to this abomination whenever she gets a taste for nostalgia. Usually Gold Star, though, since the local stores only have Skyline in frozen 3 way form, which she says is blasphemy. I don't see how freezing it can make it any worse!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate made a microwave pouch of skyline the other day and put it on egg noodles. I'd much rather her use Hormel Chili :negative:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

My wife is from cincinatti and comes from a long line of skyline / goldstar (?) chili parlor workers and she has brought skyline into my life. I think it's good and I don't get why all the hate!

We get the spice packets either from her mom or mail-order and we make it at home a lot, it's... honestly way better that way. I've tried the pouch and canned stuff and it's not great imo, but the basic concept is amazing. We don't really eat meat but we make it with red lentils (follow spice packet instructions but use 2 cups lentils instead of beef) and with venison, and both were amazing. We also prefer it atop large ridged elbow macaroni, or cavatappi, rather than spaghett.

Skyline is a noble food! I too hail from a land of maligned food traditions (fries on sandwiches/salads) so I sympathize.

I also love the absurdity of the way lingo like how the bare minimum is 2 way, even the starch base counts as a way and theoretically there's a 0-way that is an empty plate.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
It's just spaghetti sauce dude

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Actually the pasta is just one of the Ways, saying the sauce is but spaghetti sauce is elevating one Way above the others and that is un-enlightened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Texas chili is just saltine sauce when you really think about it