Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Around here we got Hank's and Sonny's. Their deece... Hank's pulled pork with the yellow sauce is some hype rear end poo poo amigos. Plus the enter and exit signs are a pig's head and a pig's rear end.

Image courtesy of Google Maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
sounds like the dream to me, OP

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018
Please explain what yellow sauce is, OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a tangy, somewhat spicy mustard based BBQ sauce to my reckoning.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Carolina style BBQ sauce is some gooooood poo poo.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Yes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

boogiepop posted:

Please explain what yellow sauce is, OP.

when you gently caress up slow cooking pork you can douse it in mustard to cover up your failures

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I used to hit the Pig n Whistle drive thru in Memphis, but I wouldn't call that fast food, per se.... that's a tough call. Scooping pulled pork onto a bun with a dollop of slaw doesn't take a long time, but it's very much a sit-down restaurant.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
bbq in regular restaurants is cooked well in advance and sits out in a steam table all day so it's not like it can't be adapted to fast food pretty easily

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Honestly it varies; some BBQ places definitely count, but a lot of others absolutely do not.

Need to be more specific about a given joint tbqh.

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018
bumping thread. i figure this warrants further discussion

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Jim n Nick's is some goddamn great BBQ where I'm at and they have a drive-thru. They have great ribs (which I am forever a slut for) and good sides. Plus really good cheesy biscuits. It's drat expensive but I've tried other BBQ places and it's worth paying more

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

In North Dakota if you ask for a Barbecue Sandwich they will serve you a sloppy joe. It's shameful.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Subway locations with Drive Thrus are now BBQ places as long as they have the rib sandwich on the menu.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

BBQ is the definitive slow food, so no.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Does a restaurant that has special windows installed around which their entire workflow is oriented allowing you to never unbuckle your seatbelt or stand up to stuff your face? Yes that is fast food OP. You don't even need to go into sandwich definitional abstractionism to know that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This little drive thru can be found only in the San Antonio area and if you ever go down to see the Alamo or to get angry at the river walk, it's a great place to grab something to eat. Their brisket and general BBQ is good, but you really go for the sweet tea that has achieved the perfect sweetness ratio. Seriously, it is perfect, whatever you eat do NOT miss the sweet tea.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
BBQ is the worst food to eat in the car in my experience. The whole car gets real funky with meaty mustardy smells, sauce is all
Over, and it’s just not a good situation.

If that’s your jam tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ go for it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

BBQ is the worst food to eat in the car in my experience. The whole car gets real funky with meaty mustardy smells, sauce is all
Over, and it’s just not a good situation.

If that’s your jam tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ go for it

Sometimes I think about getting BBQ to eat in the woods but I haven’t come up with how to keep it warm for a couple of hours until I get to the place I eat.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ASAPRockySituation posted:

This little drive thru can be found only in the San Antonio area and if you ever go down to see the Alamo or to get angry at the river walk, it's a great place to grab something to eat. Their brisket and general BBQ is good, but you really go for the sweet tea that has achieved the perfect sweetness ratio. Seriously, it is perfect, whatever you eat do NOT miss the sweet tea.

lmao bill miller's

Rick posted:

Sometimes I think about getting BBQ to eat in the woods but I haven’t come up with how to keep it warm for a couple of hours until I get to the place I eat.

tortilla sausage wraps in foil in a six-pack cooler

----------------

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006
LISTEN TO THIS SHITTY SONG BY MY SHITTY BAND! used tire.mp3
got drive-thru BBQ yesterday at whitt's. they put coleslaw and pickles on their sandos by default... bold move????? i was gonna put slaw on mine anyways, but my partner was PISSED.

is coleslaw on a pulled pork sandie the standard? or did they overstep???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's clearly shown on the menu pictures!!

----------------

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Spanish Inquisition posted:

got drive-thru BBQ yesterday at whitt's. they put coleslaw and pickles on their sandos by default... bold move????? i was gonna put slaw on mine anyways, but my partner was PISSED.

Carolina style bbq

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I fell down a food review YouTube rabbit hole earlier this year and it seems to be the new trend.

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006

Universe Master posted:

Carolina style bbq

but... this is a nashville-based place!!!

i say swears online posted:

it's clearly shown on the menu pictures!!

the pictures are hard to see from a car, but you're right. i just can't remember a time when i ordered a sandwich and it came with slaw. ya live and ya learn, i guess.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the pictures are hard to see from a car, but you're right. i just can't remember a time when i ordered a sandwich and it came with slaw. ya live and ya learn, i guess.

this is me at five guys since i order a burger "with everything" (just no extra add-ons like bacon) at literally every fast food place but they just have to be different and put slimy canned mushrooms on their standard burg. i hate them because i never remember to break my rule and look at what comes on it

----------------

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006

i say swears online posted:

slimy canned mushrooms

that is hosed. we almost went to five guys, where i absolutely would have ordered a burg "with everything" and then i would be the sad one.

jesus christ. mushrooms.

Spanish Inquisition
Oct 26, 2006
cool double post

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Canned mushrooms are literally an atrocity.

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I'm really not a fan of slaw on the sandwich, if I'm going to a spot for the first time how the hell am I going to know if it helps or hurts the meat? I always assume it's a way to glaze over lower quality meat. Gets the 'which even soggier if you're eating out (and you loving better be these days you heckin' imbecile).

It's a lose, lose, lose, for LOSERS.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I've never been there even but there are a couple near me. Maybe I'll check it out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it is a widely ridiculed restaurant

----------------

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

news to me, I thought it was pretty good. I googled and apparently the owner likes trump but otherwise what could it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

texas bbq places are judged on the brisket and brisket alone, everything else is secondary. bill miller's is The Worst

i've heard really good things about the breakfast though

----------------