Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
They seem pretty happy to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
only until the session is over or someone says the safeword

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

When you are made to suffer, the session never ends

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
If you're masochistic enough, there can be no true suffering

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Blood Boils posted:

They seem pretty happy to me :shrug:

yipee! - anakin skywalker

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
No, slaves can buy their freedom.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Yeah but in Star Wars slavery is ok.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They're shown doing work but I don't think they're ever shown being paid

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

2house2fly posted:

They're shown doing work but I don't think they're ever shown being paid

Everyone thinks of them as equipment, not sentient beings. In the minds of people in the SW universe droids aren't even slaves, they're just talking appliances.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

El Generico posted:

only until the session is over or someone says the safeword

R2-D2 obviously has an electrical prod because he’s a switch, though it took a while for C-3PO to find plating that could stand up to their sessions. Bet you the little bastard had Threepio’s memory backed up in the new movie so he could memory wipe him in middle of their playtime to get off on C-3PO suddenly being utterly confused and terrified about why he was being hurt. Of course, the red eyes/creepy voice thing right after the memory wipe was probably usually for when Threepio took over so he could dominate R2 via humiliation play (“Climb those stairs, you filthy little trash can!” :whip:).

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

R2-D2 obviously has an electrical prod because he’s a switch, though it took a while for C-3PO to find plating that could stand up to their sessions. Bet you the little bastard had Threepio’s memory backed up in the new movie so he could memory wipe him in middle of their playtime to get off on C-3PO suddenly being utterly confused and terrified about why he was being hurt. Of course, the red eyes/creepy voice thing right after the memory wipe was probably usually for when Threepio took over so he could dominate R2 via humiliation play (“Climb those stairs, you filthy little trash can!” :whip:).

what is even going on in this post

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

what is even going on in this post

roboner

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
C3PO is my friend, and is more of a person than General Grievous.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
the question is ifthey're people, no one in SW pretends they aren't property

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Does star wars have synths like in blade runner

Like they can reconstruct Luke's hand but he has to wear a glove so I guess synthetic flesh is a bridge too far?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
At the end of Empire he has a proper working human-looking hand

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

asked and answered. close thread

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i am unclear on why we have two droid slavery threads

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cease to Hope posted:

We forgot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MadDogMike posted:

:chloe:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

My bad I didn't see the other one

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Schweinhund posted:

Yeah but in Star Wars slavery is ok.

Oh phew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

QuarkJets posted:

Does star wars have synths like in blade runner

Like they can reconstruct Luke's hand but he has to wear a glove so I guess synthetic flesh is a bridge too far?

Yeah, they are called Human Replica Droids and there's one in Shadows of the Empire and they can lift chairs over their heads:

I don't know if they "bleed" or are machinery underneath it all, I'll have to consult my SOTE handbook. But I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread since we already have one over here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911991

Go post there!